• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truly sickening...

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
:rant on:

Thousands of people that were told by government officials to go to the NO convention center if they had no means of leaving town...

Starving, and dying of dehydration...

No help from anyone...

For 5 Frickin days!!!

We had airdrops in Indonesia within 48 hours...

Do we not like Cajuns that much?

It's shameful that our government is allowing this to happen in our country...

Looters...Snipers...Roving gangs causing trouble...?

Drop a battalion or two of fast roping snake eaters down there to restore order with green light to engage non-friendlies...

It truly showcases the ineptitude of the federal goverment when it comes to caring for our own populace...

I know the troops are on their way, and volunteer help is coming...

but c'mon!!!

We're the biggest kid on the block and we can't even take care of our own...

Wake up call...

Be able to depend on yourself in crisis situations.

Calling for Mom or Dad to bail you out of trouble will not always work...

:rant off:

Gil BullyKatz said:
:rant on:

Thousands of people that were told by government officials to go to the NO convention center if they had no means of leaving town...

Starving, and dying of dehydration...

No help from anyone...

For 5 Frickin days!!!

We had airdrops in Indonesia within 48 hours...

Do we not like Cajuns that much?

It's shameful that our government is allowing this to happen in our country...

Looters...Snipers...Roving gangs causing trouble...?

Drop a battalion or two of fast roping snake eaters down there to restore order with green light to engage non-friendlies...

It truly showcases the ineptitude of the federal goverment when it comes to caring for our own populace...

I know the troops are on their way, and volunteer help is coming...

but c'mon!!!

We're the biggest kid on the block and we can't even take care of our own...

Wake up call...

Be able to depend on yourself in crisis situations.

Calling for Mom or Dad to bail you out of trouble will not always work...

:rant off:

word. :thumbup:

No kidding...if they can get together 400+ buses to move people out last night why couldn't they have done that last Sunday?? Poor people in a poor town, not a government priority.

The whole thing really irritates me something awful, I don't think I'll watch the news or read the paper for a few days, till I can read it and NOT get mad.

The rest of the world 48 hours away, for the guy next door, aahh maybe next week, BS.!

You know the government is damned every way they try to handle this...go in guns blazing...trouble...air drop food/water and let the crowds fight over it...trouble...dont forget all the made up stuff...government blowing up the levees...your watching (mostly) the low end of the economic/social ladder, who werent inspired or educated enough to vacate ahead of a cat 4/5 hurricane...refugee's all over the world hoist their junk and hoof it through whole countries to get away from trouble or die trying...americans are just too soft...would rather sit and rot...if a bus can drive in, a majority could walk out...15 miles in a day wouldnt be that bad, how about 10 miles, walk for 5 hours...how far from the edge of the water would they be then?

I know its hard times but thats just it...hard times...would rather wait for hand outs...

yellowxj said:
your watching (mostly) the low end of the economic/social ladder, who werent inspired or educated enough to vacate ahead of a cat 4/5 hurricane...I know its hard times but thats just it...hard times...would rather wait for hand outs...

you would feel different if you had an elderly family member...

That couldn't "walk" 2 blocks...

if YOU were laid up in a hospital unable to move on your own...

if you were a 2 year old kid caught in the middle of this...

if your GF or wife was 8 months pregnant and stranded there...

Wake the Fawk up!

This isn't about being poor, educated, young or old, black, brown or WT...

This is about people being left out to hang...

because they trusted in the same system that let them down.

Fawk the looters and idiots that chose to stay that had the means to get out...

The majority of people dying out there...

THIS VERY MINUTE

should not be.

yellowxj said:
You know the government is damned every way they try to handle this...go in guns blazing...trouble...air drop food/water and let the crowds fight over it...trouble...dont forget all the made up stuff...government blowing up the levees...your watching (mostly) the low end of the economic/social ladder, who werent inspired or educated enough to vacate ahead of a cat 4/5 hurricane...refugee's all over the world hoist their junk and hoof it through whole countries to get away from trouble or die trying...americans are just too soft...would rather sit and rot...if a bus can drive in, a majority could walk out...15 miles in a day wouldnt be that bad, how about 10 miles, walk for 5 hours...how far from the edge of the water would they be then?

I know its hard times but thats just it...hard times...would rather wait for hand outs...

Have you read the news dumbass? They are stopped by the police and sent back if they try to leave.

I hope the same courtesy is handed to you someday.

Gil BullyKatz said:
blah, blah, blah

I'm sure glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is completely ridiculous.

I can't understand why they didn't start hauling those people to a military base. With all the kids across seas there should be a decent amount of room and they are setup to house larger quatities of poeple on more than a temporary basis.

I'm usually a pretty harsh person but I wouldn't ever treat anyone like that.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear, I was taught... go with instincts.

You trust the same unbiassed talking heads that bring Iraq into your living room to shoot straight with the facts for this (or the next) one? Wow!

What's really ridiculous is that most people care more about some dumbass runaway bride or Michael Jackson's addiction to boys...

Truly Sickening indeed.

woody said:
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear, I was taught... go with instincts.

You trust the same unbiassed talking heads that bring Iraq into your living room to shoot straight with the facts for this (or the next) one? Wow!

Media, government, self. Whom do YOU trust?

;)

woody said:

I understand and recognize media spins Woody...

I doubt the people dying are faking it for the camera...

I don't care about who's fault it is or who's gonna lose their job over it...

Altho I "hear" a lot of people in the Gulf Coast area are gonna be unemployed for a while...

Pointing fingers should be later....

helping those that need help NOW should be a priority...

irregardless of motives, appearances or spins...

woody said:

Go do some onsite reporting for us Wood. :D

If 1/4 of what I see is true it still is pretty crappy.

Last I checked...

conservative AND liberal media are all agreeing that someone dropped the ball...

CNN is reporting that the population of Baton Rouge has DOUBLED. Many of these people are wandering around with no money and no where to go and are resorting to crime and violence. The looting is spreading to largely unaffected areas.

People shooting at the helicopters, people stealing cars from car lots and selling them for $20...

Bush refers this as a "temporary disruption", nice.

Lincoln said:
I can't understand why they didn't start hauling those people to a military base. With all the kids across seas there should be a decent amount of room and they are setup to house larger quatities of poeple on more than a temporary basis.

What an amazing analogy. Screw the soldier out of his barracks, and add a huge burden to the already overworked military housing, security, and healthcare system. Thanks.

How about volunteering to help out?

GI-John said:
What an amazing analogy. Screw the soldier out of his barracks, and add a huge burden to the already overworked military housing, security, and healthcare system. Thanks.

How about volunteering to help out?

O.K., I'm not going to freak out on you because you claim to be a member of our armed forces and I respect that. But, isn't that what your paid to do?

And yes I am leaving Kansas City next Tuesday to help at a hospital, plus our 1000 employees are donating all of the tips they make tomorrow and Tuesday to our victims.

Wolz said:
People shooting at the helicopters, people stealing cars from car lots and selling them for $20...

In any crisis situation...

there will be lessor life forms that take advantage of a situation to their own gain...

My disgust is with the lack of immediate aid to innocent people trapped within a situation created by their own leaders...

Let the thieves loot...

It's only inanimate objects...

EVAC the hospitals and save the women and children...

Priorities...

:dunno:

Gil BullyKatz said:
In any crisis situation...

there will be lessor life forms that take advantage of a situation to their own gain...

Gil...I'm right there with you, I'm just saying that this is what is allowed to happen. This is crap.

Crash sums it up well in another thread

CRASH said:
This kind of behaviour makes me wonder what the entire US would come to if the fit really hit the shan.

Mass-scale terrorist attacks, nukes, bio-weapons...........hope the bad guys aren't watching how easy it is to turn a city against itself.

Jesusfawkingchrist.

CRASH

Back