• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trimmed rear but want a little more

got a pic of it without the flares. considering cutting out my wells and just want to get an idea
xjj33p3r said:
Just cut above the pinch seam like I did. You'll thank yourself later because it gives a lot more room and no rubbing at all.
You can't see too well in the picture of how high I cut, but you can see that I just about have as much room as I do in front.
3989273-R1-000-58.jpg

Lets bump this and see what else people are doing. I want to cut in the rear, and have cut and folded the rear pinch seam. Im planning on cutting up about 1/2'' above the pinch seam, and then hammer the inner fender to it. Will I need some more sheet metal for that, or will I be able to get them to meet? Anyone have any pics?

GottaBeJeep said:
My 97 is trimmed like yours in the rear with 6" and 37's and have plenty of room. Time for more bumpstop.:D

Here's a picture with the 37's stuffed.

100_0048.jpg

100_0045.jpg

Where is the pic of the other side?

The one that shows if you turn the wheel even an 1/8th of a turn youll rip your fender off. :laugh: :laugh3:

Starboard M said:
Lets bump this and see what else people are doing. I want to cut in the rear, and have cut and folded the rear pinch seam. Im planning on cutting up about 1/2'' above the pinch seam, and then hammer the inner fender to it. Will I need some more sheet metal for that, or will I be able to get them to meet? Anyone have any pics?

I've been wondering the same thing Matt. Hey, if you do yours you wanna help me with my fenders? Anybody else got some thoughts?

good chance i am gonna go ahead and cut it out and weld in tubs in a month or so

Anyone done this without making new tubs? Im hoping that I can cut past the pinch seam and then hammer the excisting tub up and then weld it. Would this work? I dont want to make whole new tubs right now.

that might work to, me and a guy are just gonna tackle it and see what happens pretty much

I did mine this weekend. I cut well above the pinch seam. there's plenty of metal to beat up to the side and weld you could even fold over some if you cut at the seam on the inner and higher on the outer. you only run into problems going too far to the rear like I did but putting inmore metal is super easy once you start.

Back