• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Shopping...

The guys there at the factory will stack them for you.

Maybe a silly question, but how would they get unstacked? Do you have to have a friend with a crane/shop hoist?

I don't think 12 friends and a few cases of beer would work that well...

I would see how much a winch plate would cost. My brothers has one on his trailer. We bolted a 2" reciever that is made to bolt to a trucks step bumper to the winch plate. We just put his XD9000i on a multicarrier into the reciever and winch stuff up. WAY better than a come-along if crap doesn't run. His is narrow, some full size trucks won't fit between the wheel wells. I want him to get drive over fenders installed on it.
Rear loading ramps are nice for reasons stated above, we have had to pull his forward to get the ramps out if we forget to do it first.
The optional larger tongue jack is always nice if it's not much more.
Dove tails can really suck backing into driveways with even slight inclines. I have to put wood at the bottom of my driveway(to prevent the trailer from gouging my driveway when dovetail trailers get backed in) my driveway IS NOT very steep. We have some big metal rollers we have to weld onto his so the back corners don't dig into driveways. If you have a camaro, you may need the dovetail or really long ramps.

Maybe a silly question, but how would they get unstacked? Do you have to have a friend with a crane/shop hoist?

I don't think 12 friends and a few cases of beer would work that well...

I'm sure there's a creative solution. If it was me, it would involve my engine hoist, a floor jack and some tie down straps.

I'd use the 7.5 ton crane here at work, but it would have to be late at night :D

Worst case scenario we could unload it at my buddy's shop in Colts Neck, NJ with the wrecker(s). Not a big deal.

The one I'm looking at is probably 20'/14k lbs so yours would probably get to ride along. :laugh:

(any shorter than 20' and I can't fit my XJ + barbecue grille). :D

Worst case scenario we could unload it at my buddy's shop in Colts Neck, NJ with the wrecker(s). Not a big deal.

The one I'm looking at is probably 20'/14k lbs so yours would probably get to ride along. :laugh:

(any shorter than 20' and I can't fit my XJ + barbecue grille). :D

That is a heavy BBQ grill!!! :D Yeah, I am after an 18ft 10K wood deck, so mine will probably be riding biotch.

Hey man, overkill works. :D

I've gone 4 years without losing a tire or a wheel bearing on the 10k one, but it was recently discovered that the frame is pulling an XJ and has about 14 stress cracks in the main rails, some completely cracked through, and half the tongue is rotted & cracked through.

Oops.

Also like an XJ, it's gonna get plated back together and go down the road again...however it's titled in my buddy Wil's name, and though we both split the operating costs on it, I'd kinda like to stop relying on joint usage with someone who uses (and abuses) things as much as I do. My father has sort of been looking for a new trailer to haul his company's skid steer around on, so I'm thinkin about going in on one with him. He'd only ever need to use it during the week, and occasionally at that...I'd rarely use it during the week anyway.

Try dragging chains across each one and tell me what is better. :)
I prefer the wood deck. Hit it with a good deck sealer once a year and it'll last quite awhile if you don't start bouncing a loader bucket or something on it.

The one I use now is metal, which is better, because we do nasty stuff like scrapping loads of engine blocks & transmissions etc.

I'd probably like to go with a wood deck though, it's cheaper and tends to be more pleasant if you wind up using it as a work surface. Also soaks up the fluid leaks a little better.

For us the drive would put it over the top cost-wise for just one... but for two and splitting the fuel costs.... hmmm...

I am definatly considering the Kaufman, wonder how many they can stack lol? As for unstacking, i THINK a backhoe from my work would lift it, 310SG JD...anyone know for sure?

I am definatly considering the Kaufman, wonder how many they can stack lol? As for unstacking, i THINK a backhoe from my work would lift it, 310SG JD...anyone know for sure?

The Kaufman site doesn't give the weights, but a trailer the size I am interested in (10K 18Ft long) is approx. 2300-2600 Lbs. Will your backhoe pick up that much weight? Chris is talking about getting a 14K trailer, so I imagine we could stack up at least 5 on there.:laugh: Might hurt Chris's gas mileage a bit though...:greensmok

We have a knuckle boom at work that will pick up 19,000# that would work, but I doubt my boss would let me drive it to Downingtown for something like that, even though I drive it for work all the time. Maybe if you brought them to our shop near Norristown.

The Kaufman site doesn't give the weights, but a trailer the size I am interested in (10K 18Ft long) is approx. 2300-2600 Lbs. Will your backhoe pick up that much weight? Chris is talking about getting a 14K trailer, so I imagine we could stack up at least 5 on there.:laugh: Might hurt Chris's gas mileage a bit though...:greensmok

I am pretty sure it can lift 3500lbs.but ill check, either way we have 2 310SG and one 110 so i don't think it would be an issue.

Let me know if you guys are serious about it/when you are thinking of going. Ha group buy discount??

Last edited:
Andy go all out and get a peterbilt and a 53' trailer. Then you can pull all of are pa rigs out to rc for us. If not I would go with the wood just know they get slick when wet. Nothing some sand can't fix.

Back