• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Requests?

I would like to run Golden Spike and Moab Rim...and hopefully others.

I know many of you have run these multiple times. They are still on my "to-do" list.

I just got back from EJS, I missed Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar, we could do all 3 is succession cuz they're so close, just start early. Steel Bender is great, lots of variety & nice challanges without distruction, and Hell's Revenge is super. Behind the Rocks is a challenge I could do again, but better.

Captain Ron said:
First, Coyote Canyon for you sir. :D

Mmmmm....

First weekend: BFE

Mon - Fri: BFE

Second Weekend: BFE

:D

--ron
Didn't say I wanted to roll her, just wheel her. I did some of BFE one night, only some.
Thom

YELLAHEEP said:
Steel Bender. I'm planning (at this point) on attending the 'Fling and would be more than happy to lead that trail.

I'll also join any group going to BFE - always a good time.
:D Cool! Now is Jason going to show up and stand his rig on the tail again while his wife is watching? :D

i think we should do a two day thing like spider-spike-goldbar or something camp on the trail no rush to get through it and see the sights. IMO

jmaxj said:
i think we should do a two day thing like spider-spike-goldbar or something camp on the trail no rush to get through it and see the sights. IMO

Hey, I'd be down for that! Maybe that could be a Tuesday/Wednesday thing before the majority of the group arrives.

jmaxj said:
Where would you camp on the Spike? Besides that trail is easy in a day.

If you want to do that I would say Arch Canyon, Hole in the rock or one of those would be better.

DrMoab said:
Where would you camp on the Spike? Besides that trail is easy in a day.

If you want to do that I would say Arch Canyon, Hole in the rock or one of those would be better.
well the spike was just what was on my head it don't have to be those trails.

jmaxj said:
well the spike was just what was on my head it don't have to be those trails.
The Spike would be a fun trail to camp on. I just can't think of a good place anywhere on that trail that would make a good camp spot. It seems like the whole trail is on a slab of slickrock that tilts to the west really bad.

DrMoab said:
The Spike would be a fun trail to camp on. I just can't think of a good place anywhere on that trail that would make a good camp spot. It seems like the whole trail is on a slab of slickrock that tilts to the west really bad.
i'm sure not the whole trial is like that, but all i remember when i did it is that i tossed a aleeping bag on the ground but there were a few with us that put up tents couldn't tell you where we camped tho it was 10 yrs ago

Back