• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar question?

allthingsoffroad said:
in am replaing a bushing in the top on my track bar and was woundering if i would have any problems with a heim joint instead of the ruber bushing rusty puts on theres?

i tried and couldn't find a heim (even in the aurora catalog), rustys uses the threading for an OEM tie rod end and its a real oddball thread (11/16-18). after i rewelded the broken end solid to the trackbar i switched to delrin bushings that solved the popping and the steering play. the delrin is squeeky but its a small price to pay for a lifted jeep that steers like a car

o yeah and if you do switch it swap your bolts over to grade 8 hardware on both ends, rustys hd bushing frameside end is even a grade 5, i bent it on my first wheeling trip on the hd setup and then broke it driving around at east town

Last edited:
Needs to be built the same way as Dougs to work properly and not self destruct. Shoot me a PM if you want to go that route and I can do it for $80 including new delrin bushings, billit sleeves, Fixed/ sleeved track bar and grade 8 hardware

AN option is to get a drop bracket and call Rusty.
When I changed to a Heim at the frame side, I called Rusty. He sent me a 5/8's rod end for the track bar next day. Had to redrill the drop bracket to 5/8's. And he also provided the sent misalignment spacers, a grade 8 bolt and nylock nut/washers.
When I added the ram assist, I cut the track bar down to fit over the axle but I still run the same heim and bolt. (I had remade the frame bracket to move the track bar back).
Call Rusty for a heim for the adjustable track bar. Then get or make a new frame mount.

if this is for your setup the trackbar really needs to be relocated above the axle and a heim on each side of a straight bar and the original rusty's bracket needs to be gusseted for strength, how do you have it bracketed that lets you retain the unmodified rustys bar?

allthingsoffroad said:
did you not get the HD tb from rustys?

ya i did, then this happened, the hd end was a shitty grade 5 shaft bent on the first trip to windrock, broke on a crappy little hill at east town

Back