• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toys for Tot's runs???

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Are we going to do any Toys for Tot's type runs this year as a chapter?

I'd be interested in that.

Let me see if anything is already planned by any other org's. Maybe we can tag team along with a bunch of other 4WD clubs. I would like to get some positive press coverage on this.

What is the name of the Colorado group that is an association of 4xd clubs. How about it we contact them and put it together.

The 4th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids Toys for Tots Run will be on December 2nd this year. We'll be at Jefferson County Fairgrounds event center again.

MACS 23rd out of Buckley Air Force Base has been mostly deployed so the Colorado Army National Guard is stepping up to assist. They'll be flying Santa in on a Chinook helicopter, providing some military vehicles for leading the caravans, a rock climbing wall, football toss and bounce house for the kids.

Additionally, we've got 92.5 "The Wolf" coming on board. As well as Comcast Spotlight which will run 100 free commercials for the event. (Kudos to Jeff Zimmerman at Sky High Sports for donating his time to put the spot together).

We're planning for at least one additional meeting location this year to caravan over from. Should have the RTI Ramp on site and working on the Teeter-Totter as well.

With the extra publicity, we're expecting a larger crowd. We could still use some donations for door prizes and to cover expenses and buy MORE TOYS

More info to follow. Thanks for putting the date on your calendar

Chris and Paula
ORI Centennial
Christmas Caravan for Kids Foundation
Event Co-Chairs

XJFire said:
I'm not gonna lie, it would be pretty awesome to show up in 20 huge rigs loaded with toys. Would prolly make those kid's Christmas pretty awesome and shed some positive light on the wheeling community.
20?? Try well over 100 rigs during the Toys for Tots run two years ago at the Aurora Mall. I think there were twenty in our 1/3 of the convoy from Ft Collins by the time we hit Longmont and it kept growing from there. There's a thread around here someplace with pics from last year's JeffCo Fairgrounds run as well...it's quite a crowd, and for a great cause.

Christmas Caravan for Kids -- UPDATE

We had a logistics meeting and this year's event is coming together!!

Couple of details as we go forward.

1. Skate City is now Beauty Supply Warehouse. We'll still use the site, but its now RED with new signs.

2. 92.5 "the Wolf" will be broadcasting on site that morning.

3. A traffic plan that will allow participants to choose to stay in line and donate their toys directly to the Marines and park and walk up is being developed.....with the extra exposure from the Comcast Spotlight commercials and from 92.5 we're expecting more participants and MORE TOYS!!

4. When you are doing your toy shopping, don't forget the big kids. TFTs also get requests for gifts for the teenagers. Consider picking up something for a 13 to 18 year old as well.

A flyer is available at www.ori-centennial.com/ccfk. Call us at 303 680-9077 if you have questions.

See your December 2nd!!!

Thanks!!

Back