• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tool to make a cage

If your going to use pipe,yes it will work.
If your using tube,then no it wont work!

No! Don't make your cage out of pipe.

I have the same thing but I purchased it at Harbor Frieght. I think that if I find some one to make a custom die for tube that the bender should work. However I have not tried that yet the pipe bender is just collecting dust for now. If anyone knows some how makes a tube die that would be compatible for the HF Pipe Bender please let me know.

Buddy of mine bought the dies from a supplier and converted them to work on the Northern bender. It can be done but I don't have the particulars. He didn't build a cage he made a tube bumper for his work truck but it is the same principal just on a smaller scale.

mikeforte said:
Buddy of mine bought the dies from a supplier and converted them to work on the Northern bender. It can be done but I don't have the particulars. He didn't build a cage he made a tube bumper for his work truck but it is the same principal just on a smaller scale.

Please ask for more information, I am very interested

I made a custom set of dies for mine and it works fine. So many people have bugged me that I am working on setting up to machine a bunch of the dies as soon as I get everything together.

what about a cage that was undetectable? like if you got some solid pieces of metal stock and welded them in place to all of your interior supports? underneath all the panels and carpeting of course.
kinda like a super secret agent super re-enforced chasis. yummy....

selarep said:
what about a cage that was undetectable? like if you got some solid pieces of metal stock and welded them in place to all of your interior supports? underneath all the panels and carpeting of course.
kinda like a super secret agent super re-enforced chasis. yummy....

you have to make it visible so when you are driving through the mall people will think you are hardcore.

Seriously, for all the extra work that would require, it would not be worth it.

BRIANHO13 said:
you have to make it visible so when you are driving through the mall people will think you are hardcore.

Seriously, for all the extra work that would require, it would not be worth it.

lol i was kidding.

Isnt there another thread kickin around here somewhere with someone asking the same question.. and someone giving the same reply... I just had the biggest case of de ja vou (or however the hell you spell it)

Back