• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

too good to be true

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
what do you guys think about this, and why is it so cheap

i see 125 amp wire feed mig welder, why is it only 77 bucks?

im looking into buying a welder, and i came across this. now i dont want to skimp on a welder, but 125 amp sure isnt all that bad, (im no master welder...yet) and it says up to .25" steel, and i only usually work with at most 3/16 at my school shop.

is this too good to be true

Well, it's still under bidding right now. We won't know if it's too good to be true until it's done. A lot of really good deals can be found on eBay if you time your bids right.

o believe me, i know that, but if you were to wait untill about 2 mins, you could easily get it for under 100 and for a 125 amp wire feeding welder, that doesnt sound to bad...

although theres no warrenty and no brand name...

Its all about the duty cycle, or how long you can weld before having to rest the tool. Without those numbers its tough to say how good this unit is.

I think Eagle had a similar one from Harbor Freight, and found that that two-setting rocker switch was very limiting, and the whole rig just didn't perform very well. I think you'll find one of those really cheap ones pretty frustrating pretty quickly.

Oh, and up to .25" steel is very wishful thinking. You could do it in layers, but you'll have to prep the work really well, and grind a lot of bevels, and because it's flux core, you'll have to chip slag between passes.

I didn't see any info on the duty cycle either. That's fairly important. Also looks like you can't upgrade to gas later if you want to.

It isn't a MIG. It is a fluxcore wirefeed welder. Why these idiots keep calling these things MIG's is beyond me. They lie, hoping someone that doesn't know better will get suckered.

Back