• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To go to beadlocks or not, that is the question

COTallTodd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Been thinking of switching my wheels out for beadlock wheels. Looking at the Trail Ready and Racelines.
Is this worth spending the money or no?
Discuss....

Beadlocks are sexy. 6psi makes things fun. Plus if all else fails you can use the bolts for traction.

Racelines are supposed to be the best. It's what Team NAXJA uses and a lot of other Jeepspeed teams do as well.

my next tires will need beadlocks and I feel the super expensive wheels are a waste of cash other than the bling factor as trail readys get busted on the trail just like a simple set of DIY locks but the DIY cost less than just one TR beadlock wheel . I'm sure the expensive brands like TR may have better street manners than a DIY ,but if the rig is only 10% street I don't the benefit in the price of Bling .

Weight is a big deal. DIY locks were super super heavy even in a 15" flavor.

There is only about a 10lb difference between the TR aluminim beadlock and a DIY steel beadlock . on the trail I doubt you'll ever notice it ...lol...much less feel that you spent the extra $1200 in a good place . I've heard people say they are trying to keep their axles alive with the weight savings ,but if 10lbs or less in your wheels is what's keeping your axles alive ...lol...it's time for real axles .

I dunno. 10lbs isn't much. 10lbs rotating mass is a ton. And while I agree that shouldn't be deciding factor on your axles living, for those of us who ran too big and heavy a set up on a jeep on too hard a trail, that 10lbs is huge.

On tons on spring creek, sure who gives a rats ass.
On a 30 on carnage, critical.

Back