• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To-Do list

My list has changed as well.

-rear limit straps
-replace seals in steering box
-buy/install rear antirock swaybar (maybe)

take out a loan for gas.

^ I've started a savings account instead.

1.) WELD exhaust, or try a pepsi can, i've heard they're stronger that coca~cola?
2.) RMS/Oil Pan
3.) Tail-Lamp Re-Wiring (help!)

tailhousings.jpg

^ I used trailer wiring harnesses to make my oval tail lamps function as dual element running/stop lights.
Maybe I bought cheap harnesses, because:

* one side only comes on with the brakes, not with the running lights
* the other side only works as a running light, and doesn't get brighter with the brakes

What are my options, gentlemen?

-Replace front hubs
-Bleed the brakes
-Change front diff. fluid
-Fill t-case fluid
-Flush the coolant system and replace the block temperature sensor
-Weld a new trackbar bracket on the axle
-Weld new control arm mounts on the axle
-Tube fender flares
-Make/weld some stand off bars on my rocker replacements

Not sure what I'll end up getting done...but that's what I'd like to get done.

my list has shrunk substantially..

-Make Mud flap brackets
-Power steering pressure line
-rock sliders

Things have been marked off and added

-install rear limiting straps
-build rear tube fenders (so I don't get a ticket)
-build front tube doors (maybe)
-buy new trailer
-replace front bent leaf spring

ok not that much left now:

get bastard pack installed
get new coils installed
get new extended brake lines installed
hood vents (this weekend)
convert to open cooling system

My list
1.make shackle reloction brackets
2. possibly a rear tube bumper made??
3. BECOME A MEMBER cuz i kinda need to be if i'm gonna be going
4. Maybe put a couple roll bars on the inside

i think that's about it

Well got my whole list checked off. Just gotta wash her up do some paint touchup and then grease everything.

I'm way behind. Still gotta put the full spring pack in the rear. Get hockey pucks for the front in. And install the durango box. And get an alignment.

I'm way behind. Still gotta put the full spring pack in the rear. Get hockey pucks for the front in. And install the durango box. And get an alignment.

If you ever need some help i'm here idk but i would do but i can help you haha. i like working on xj's cuz i always learn more about them still

Well guys I'm all ready to go. I replaced all my axle u-joints (including spares) with 5-760 joints, checked all fasteners, and lubed everything. Two spare alternators were purchased for Kaner. Re-tuned my CB. I installed a towed vehicle braking system in the jeep and also fabricated some tow bar brackets to adapt a blue-ox towbar to my tow-points. All that's left is to buy food, drink, pack clothes and firewood. A spare starter and steering box from PIP might be in order since my box is clunking a little. LESS THAN ONE WEEK LEFT:yelclap:

Only thing left is to finish the menu and pack the Jeep. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for Thursday.

And thanks again to Ecksjay.

Find some time in the next couple days to go over the Jeep, and pray I don't find anything critical.

Then it's just pack... pack... pack some more, and cross my fingers it all fits in the Jeep. :shocked:

My list
1.make shackle reloction brackets
2. possibly a rear tube bumper made??
3. BECOME A MEMBER cuz i kinda need to be if i'm gonna be going
4. Maybe put a couple roll bars on the inside

i think that's about it

I Became a Member so that's a big check mark off the list haha but sadly i wont be able to do all this stuff up above with so little time left but its not abig deal. i atleast got some lights put on it so thats always good i guess

well since time and money has been absent the last couple of months, my list has changed a little:
-replace rockers
-OBA
-SYE w/new DL, if I have time...

well the only thing i got done was the rocker replacements. not gonna have time to do the other stuff on my list. hopefully this summer i can do those things....
between now and friday, just gonna check/change fluids, check all my torques. gotta pick up some spare parts and UPS just dropped off a set of Solid brand diff covers, which i will install when i do the fluids.

Trac bar ...... done
Spring pack......done
Hockey pucks...... done
Alignment....... done
Durango box...... going in tomorrow.
A few minor odds and ends but for the most part I'm done and ready to play.

swap out 4 lower control arms -Done
Check all suspension bolts -Done
replace Pass side knuckle and Caliper bolts -Done
Make Flaps -Done
-----------
Still to do
Swap steering out
Top all fluids
Load jeeps
Load trailer

Then it's just pack... pack... pack some more, and cross my fingers it all fits in the Jeep.
She's ridin' low, but I think it's all going to fit. Gawd, that's a lot of junk to yard out for you guys.

I did put the Dirt Bound Cargo Rack prize to use by ghetto rigging it to hold all the raffle prize boxes. Works great, thank you Dirt Bound! :thumbup:

Pretty much all that's left is packing the cooler (tomorrow), and tossing the half doors on.

Back