• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires ..what do you run...

RAM-ROD

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys this post is to help me make a decision on what tires to buy. I hvae a 2000 With a RE 3.5 super flex with the HD springs all around. It netted me just over 4" of lift. The drive shaft has been done, have sway bar disco's, a RE HD track bar and lower contol arms with heim joints for that amount of lift. Right now i am running the BFG 30x9.50 AT's i purchased before i knew what lift i was going to get. Time for some MT's a bit larger. I have decided on 31 x 10.50's for now until i decide when and what the next suspension upgrade is going to be. My xj is my DD and wheeler. so the tires will either see a bunch of road miles or need to be switched out with the AT's if i do not get a radial but i am pretty much planning on something in a radial. my two choices right now are the BFG MT KM2's or the Swamper Trxus MT's. Any other ideas? I am really leaning towards the Swampers being the reviews i read are great ( alos a very nice price) and they are supposed to do real well on the road. Sugestions? Ned to place order to get ready for winterfest. Thanks for the input guys.

I think that Haleyes is running the Swamper trxus MT's on his rig, maybe he will chime in. I have been a big BFG fan for long lasting road tires, but they are a bit more pricey and the Swamers just simply look cool and more aggressive. I dont think that you could go wrong w/ the KM2's though. I just purchased new tires and wheels for my tow rig and hope they have the other rim (one was the wrong bolt pattern :doh: ) by next tuesday. I bought Mickey Thompson ATZ's w/ the 4 patch design, but that is for my tow rig/farm truck that does see pavement, mud and gravel roads as well as pastures, hayfields and crop fields :D

Thanks for the insite. Look forward to meetin you at winterfest. I agree about the BFG's the wife and i have always ran BFG ATs on the DD heeps and they do pretty good offroad also, but boy is the price and how aggressive the swampers are sure make them very tempting

I ran the trxus in that size and LOVED them! I'll only run a swamper or pitbull myself. I would highly suggest having a set of road tires no matter what you choose. You won't burn up your wheelin rubber and you'll get better fuel mileage.

38x15.50x18 nitto mud grapplers... love em

Hale has Bighorns! I have the Kumho Road venture and when they wear out are getting replaced with KM2's!

hmmm....that would probably explain the Maxxis stickers on his rig then huh? :D I hate to admit it but I think that Flexed is right :doh:

i run the cheapo 31x10.50 mudstars. they are great mud tars and they are pretty good on the hwy. but my next set will probably be maxxis bighorns

i have some 33x12.5 trxus mt's on mine and i love them so far. i have about 11k on them so far and the tread still looks great! the drive real nicely on the road, work perfect in snow and rain.

my only issue is when your in mud ruts and want to get out of them, they lack traction on the side so its hard to get them to turn out of ruts. that only happened once though so it might have just been the area that i was in (also wet logs were keeping me from doing that)

but they are great tires, not too loud at all either on the highway. also balancing wasnt an issue with my set

Thank you for posting this I am contemplating the same two tires. I think I am going with the BFG

No worries...I am glad alos there is lots of great advise in this post. I am still 50/50. the price i found for swampers on black steel rims with center caps and lug nuts mounted and balanced ( $864) is really making me lean that way being i know i want to be up to 33's in a year or two. But i really like BFG tires and have had great luck with them.

I'm running the 33''truxas mt's on my jeep and love them. It's also my dd so it see's plenty of road miles. They ride just as smooth as th bfg mt's(km1) I had on it before. Honestly you may get more miles out of the km2's then the swampers.

33x10.50 BFG MT KMs here. Had 34x10.50 LTBs before, they were awesome on the trail but sucked on the road. ILLXJ has Trxus MTs for wheeling and BFG ATs for the road, ask him about their road manners.

I run 34x12.50x15 Truxs on 10 inch wheels. I have put 24000 miles on them and still at 75% tread yet. I drive 120 miles on the interstate daily. They drive great on the road and handle snow and rain even better. I work in a shop so I rotate and balance them every other oil change. I have no real complaints with them at all. I will replace these tires with same when I wear them out.

Back