• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tips on installing hanneman fiberglas fenders?

Are you installing the front or the rear? My best tip would be take them to a pro JK I've screwed up to set's of fronts though. Mounting glass is one of my least favorite things.

hmm, didn't think Hanemann made fenders for the late models. Back when I had my 2000 Ajax were the only ones. If so, they won't fit the front clip area of a late model, the front clip and fenders need to match year-year.

Take stock fenders off, mark theglass units with a pen to match the factory mounting holes, drill the holes, and screw them on(it help to have someone with you, tends to be one of the ever so common three handed jobs). I had a pretty easy time with mine. Rear bedsides are a ton more involved, but the fenders fit pretty well for the most part. Good luck.

Ive seen a couple late models with the hanneman fenders that look clean, i hear they just have too be trimmed a little were it meets the top of the door and windshield

Ive seen a couple late models with the hanneman fenders that look clean, i hear they just have too be trimmed a little were it meets the top of the door and windshield

correct... personally i dont really give a shit about gaps, so i dont care enough to shim it absolutely perfect...

i happen to have my glass in the house for storage, so heres some pics:

the fenders come raw, you deceide where to drill holes. up front, i drilled a hole for a short 3/8 bolt that connects to the front fascie (late model will probably be differant). you should trim up front too... i resisted due to the original peice having a re-inforcement foldover at the bottom... but it looks like crap sticking past the front clip/bumpers.

I'm in the same boat. Front bumper is ready to go on & front glass is next. what is available for the new body 97+ xj?

we do have the from the late model xj. a friend of mine installed them and said they were easy to install. the manufacture molded them on his xj then he got the first set. the difference between fiberwerx and ours is that our are not copy molds. we all know that a copy of a copy of a copy ends up looking like sh**.

The T&J fenders fit great and were super easy to install. A mold was made off a oem fender. You can read the Chrysler part number of the original fender on the glass fenders, the molds are that detailed. So it's super easy to drill out the holes where they need to be. I just added a few washers at the door jam and some light sanding/fill at the hood's edge.

Back