• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tinted front windows...

the cop that pulled me over was a dick head, he took my DL, as well one from the girl that was in my passenger seat. i was very friendly and we sat there for about 30min. while he went back to his car, and ran both of our ID's. he shined his light around in my back seat as well and looked thru the bed of the truck. he was looking for something to bug me about, and when he didnt find anything he sent me on my way w/ this fix-it ticket

im not trying to piss people off by asking this, all im trying to do is make this easier then peeling and retinting. im going to have tinted windows one way or another, because i like them tinted...

Unfortunately, there are jerks in every profession, including law enforcement. I don't know the entire circumstances, so I'm not going to fault him, but an AH officer is not unheard of (I've worked with a few that I couldn't stand). I do, however, appreciate you pointing out that HE was a dick, instead of the same old cliche that we all are. Like the other post said, if you want to keep them, get a note from your doctor; otherwise, this is likely to happen again (but hopefully under more friendly circumstances)...

Yeah thats true ive had plenty of dealing with the police in 25 years of driving. But i will say there are some real stand up ones to. I have done some stupid shit in my day. I am much older know and know the error of my ways. But its like you say every profession has A-holes. I know a few police officers, a few retired parole officers. And they are some of my closest friends. But whats wrong is wrong its there job. Just go to the doctors and get a persciption and be done with it. But i will tell you with tinted windows they will always have a reasone to pull you over. So if you get a perscription just be aware they can still pull you over to check you out and if your doing something wrong. then your getting a ticket for whatever that might happen to be.

the cop that pulled me over was a dick head, he took my DL, as well one from the girl that was in my passenger seat. i was very friendly and we sat there for about 30min. while he went back to his car, and ran both of our ID's. he shined his light around in my back seat as well and looked thru the bed of the truck. he was looking for something to bug me about, and when he didnt find anything he sent me on my way w/ this fix-it ticket

im not trying to piss people off by asking this, all im trying to do is make this easier then peeling and retinting. im going to have tinted windows one way or another, because i like them tinted...

Well if I was a cop and I saw Nick or Gus driving around I would pull you over just on your shifty looks alone!!!! .!. :D .!.

I thought that 35% tint is legal up here in Oregon but if you go darker then you're fair game. I have yet to ever get pulled over for my Fusion's window tint in Oregon or California (when I was living down there). It has 35% all the way around (except the winshield obviously) and has been like that for 3 yrs.

I work as a genral manager for an auto glass shop we also work with window tinters anything from the front doors back you can tint. So no drivers or passengers doors and no front windows. Ive been pulled over in my ford focus and told to remover the tint on my front doors. My cherokee and my honda si have all the glass tinted even the front windows i have never been pulled over but i do have a perscription. And thats most state i think they wante to see what the driver is doing. And if i were a cop i wouldnt blame them there job is dangerous enough when they can see you in your car considering they cant see what your doing from your mid abdomen down with out tinted windows.:laugh3:

And if i were a cop i wouldnt blame them there job is dangerous enough when they can see you in your car considering they cant see what your doing from your mid abdomen down with out tinted windows.:laugh3:

If that's the reasoning, then why can the back windows be limo tinted? The officer has got to pass the back windows before he gets to the front windows anyway. That would freak me out... knowing that they could see me, but I couldn't see them.
Billy

If that's the reasoning, then why can the back windows be limo tinted?
Because technically you don't have to have a back window as long as you have two side mirrors. this is also the reason the rear passengers can be limo tinted. you dont need to see through them.

This is atleast my take on the whole thing

Because technically you don't have to have a back window as long as you have two side mirrors. this is also the reason the rear passengers can be limo tinted. you dont need to see through them.

This is atleast my take on the whole thing

That was what I had heard, but I have no real proof to back it up.

where are all the police on this web page whats the deal with window tint on the front windshield and front doors whats the vehicle code book say about this we would all like to know for sure

Interesting as it is....most articles on women's safety while traveling alone is to have the windows tinted so that they can not be seen from the outside...meaning front sides and all except front windsheild. this has proven to decrease the amount of guys bothering them or following them around. It is also suggested they where a wedding ring.....but no one ever gets pulled over for that. :spin1:

where are all the police on this web page whats the deal with window tint on the front windshield and front doors whats the vehicle code book say about this we would all like to know for sure

Here is the link for California Vehicle Code on Window Tinting:
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_ca.html
Here is another one from the CHP website:
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html

Here is the Oregon one if anyone is curious like myself:
http://www.tintdude.com/ntoo.html

Hey does anyone know a good window tinter in beaverton Oregon. My fiance needs window tinting on her Accord. I know only tinters in the Bay Area so any help would be great. Not as worried about cost as quality

Thanks for posting that up. My next question is if you have a perscription for window tint can you still get a ticket. I would say yes but if it goes to court what are the chances of being thrown out. Skin cancer runs in my family so mine are tinted for that my fiaces has eye condtion really super sensitive to light even with sunglasses. If she doesnt where sunglasses she gets mygrains

I don't know but I will ask my buddy who is a Juction City PO and get back to you! But I personally would think that it would get thrown out in court if it was needed for medical issues.

If you have a note from your doctor (and have it with you), you will be hard-pressed to find a cop who will write the ticket in the first place. That being said, I'm sure there is one out there...If you take it to court, it will be thrown out (trust me on this, especially with a good excuse like skin cancer).

Back when medicinal marijuana was a new thing, I stopped a lady who said her prescription (actually they are "recommendations") was for post-traumatic stress disorder. I figured she probably had a child die or was raped, or some other serious situation that would haunt a person...She told me her brother took her bike when she was seven and she never got over it (hand to God, she told me this). Despite the stupid reason, she walked away with her recommendation (and with her pot) with no cite. Most cops don't want to push something as petty as tinted windows with a person who has a note. Sometimes it's frustrating if it's a BS reason, but that's not for us to decide..."It is what it is."

Thanks that really clears it up for me. I have all the windows tinted on both my cars and my fiance is going to get hers tinted as soon as she has the note in her hand.

Back