• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tinkham Snow Run (Sun) Feb 15th

20 minutes for you? Damn, live in Bellevue or what? I would be down for a scout run on Wednesday. I have stuff going on tomorrow though.

-Lyle

P.S. Scott, that $35 or w/e is being reserved for the Jeep. :D

Pshh, that's pocket change to you. Man up and pay. :rtm:

~Scott

I was up there on Saturday with Ian. The first exit that runs the South side of the freeway to the second Tinkham exit is impassable due to a washout.

From the upper road we headed South. Lots of downed trees, definitely worth packing a chainsaw. Snow was very drive-able. Neither Ian nor I aired down. There was one tree that we had to winch over, but other than that pretty easy driving.

All in all we went as far as the power lines just past the Y. We could have continued on but would have needed to air down.

Thanks for the update, Matt. I'll check it out tomorrow now that it has warmed up a bit and take the chainsaw and axe with me to see if I can't make it a bit easier for everyone on the 15th.

Thanks for the update, Matt. I'll check it out tomorrow now that it has warmed up a bit and take the chainsaw and axe with me to see if I can't make it a bit easier for everyone on the 15th.

Why did this pop into my mind?

evildead24x36ge9.jpg

Because you like muscular men in ripped shirts?

Lame.

So far, those that are (positively)IN:
2Xtreme - Michael
Bruno™ - Lyle (me)
Ba-Riedo - Alex
rooneypower - Keil
OD-XJ - Jeremy
Mc2KXJ - Rich
thethinginthewoods - Brian?(cant exactly remember :D)

Possiblies are:
IXNAYXJ - Matt
XJ_ranger - Opie
Avanteone - John
noutlawjeeper - Nick
northwestxj
oldskooldubbin
XJCasper

Its seems there are more to be heard from, so if you join in, switch from possibly to positive, or cant make it, speak up and edit the list to include your current status.

-Lyle

Wow Lyle, Good memory! Considering I haven't seen you since NWFest last year. I am in for sure.

I'm uploading photos now.

Last edited:
New thread started.

Last edited:
I'm into this - and planning on it - move me to an 'in' :D

So, yay or nay on the run? Does anyone have any suggestions for a nearby trail or something that isn't as obliterated? I still wanna go, but don't want to be the only one that shows up after everyone else bails out. Always up for a good challenge though!

I'll probably be making a pre run up to the Hyak/Gold Creek exit this week to check out the north side for a possible snow run.

Back