• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to do

specdave said:
Be careful remember the people in salem

You talking about the copper thieves?

Haleyes said:
I need to install the 99+ intake I got from Byron.

Still haven't got the power steering figured out yet. I'm about to give up on it.........fuggin' thing.:bawl: I'd like to have my rock lights and new front bumper on too.

Hale

I'm holding off on the intake for now. Powersteering kinda cured itself, and the bumper has been on for a while now......

Rocklights are 95% complete. I need to get some female spade connectors and they'll be done.

Hale

XJ&TJ4ME said:
1. Build new rear bumper w/ tank skid incorporated into it Still working on it
2. Tie in front bumper a bit more or maybe build a new one Done
3. Finish sliders Done
4. Lock the turdy waiting for tax return
5. Reserve an oriental hooker Done (multiple times :D)

Haleyes said:
I'm holding off on the intake for now. Powersteering kinda cured itself, and the bumper has been on for a while now......

Rocklights are 95% complete. I need to get some female spade connectors and they'll be done.

Hale

Rocklights eh? I'm gonna need some pics of those.

I'm getting closer to completing my list, trackbar is going to get done soon and the CO2 tank is at Airgas waiting to be filled. Shocks and BPEs are going to wait. If I can scrounge a Waggy pitman arm to correct my steering, I'll be doing good.

BRIANHO13 said:
ok I'll play.

1 fix ram assist and steering gear going full hydro so it will be fixed
2 remove doors might not happen
3 maybe boatside a bit might not happen
4 add some to the cage probably
5 install seats probably
6 maybe find a front 60, and bigger tires. working on new axles now and have the bigger tires

boredchimp said:
Also need to figure out why my steering is so danged loose. I'm hoping its the Rusty's tracbar (I'm replacing the frame side bushing with a johnny joint) or some tre's, and not the steering box.

Turns out my TB axle mount was wallowed out. Opened it up and put in a new bolt.

Now I'd like to get the exhaust repaired, by replacing it all. I think the only good part is between the headers and the cat. I'm also going to get the trans and tcase oil changed at Iffy-Lube, because I'm lazy.

IllianaXJ said:
Rocklights eh? I'm gonna need some pics of those.

I have one on both sides in the front (same place on both sides) and one for the rear.

101_4235.jpg

101_4236.jpg

Nice lights! I forsee a f/r pair in my future as well :D

I need to add a rear pinion seal to my list. Started leaking same time I put the Solid cover on. Go figure.

IllianaXJ said:
Nice lights! I forsee a f/r pair in my future as well :D

I've got 3 extra. JIM.

IllianaXJ said:
Mike has 4 with my name on it :D

Do you have yours mounted in the same spot?

Very similar. His are mounted to the "grill" on his bumper and point outward.
The rear light is the same as mine.

IllianaXJ said:
To Do:
1. Finish TNT LAs. :thumbup:
2. Install TNT trackbar.
3. Install front Aussie locker. :thumbup:
4. Fill CO2 tank. :thumbup:
5. Install SOLID diff cover on the 8.8. :thumbup:
6. New front shocks.
7. BPEs and shock conversion.
8. Limit straps.
9. Install new muffler. :thumbup:
Getting down to crunch time! Items 6-8 are going to have to wait. I'm hoping to get the trackbar in this week.

Of course, there are a few little things to do; hook up the e-brake, install a Waggy steering arm so I can turn left again (no more 5 point turns to get into a parking spot :rolleyes:) and install a smaller pulley on the alt. for more idle amps.

seanR said:
Fix welder so I can fix jeep...
Find time to fix welder so I can fix jeep...
Find time to fix welder so I can find time to fix jeep....

If my 110volt wire welder will do the job, its yours....

Uhg. Gotta mess with the front axle yet too, seals, axle shafts and another set of stock LCA. heh

xjcutcell.jpg

And im totally installing the hippy gas pedal when it's done being my jig. :peace:

Guess I should do something about this hole where the pinion used to be.

11.jpg

Regearing?

I've been using my rig as my DD lately, so I've got it running and all of the bugs worked out finally.

I still need to remove my bushwackers as they like to hug trees, and put some smaller wheels and tires on it so it will fit on my trailer.

Back