• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to do before fest: WJ booster & MC upgrade on my 90XJ

deep clean old ass motorhome - bleed brakes - tweek some other stuff on motorhome - put adjustable uppers on ..

hope i get it all done lol

If anyone needs work done on the XJ before the fest but has no time to do it, PM me and we can work something out.

Finished the booster install, just gotta' get my GF to help me bleed the brakes, hope no leaks. Check out my Van Gogh art work on the brake lines.

IMAG0157.jpg

I bleed all the time by myself.

I use a 2x4 wedged agains the brake pedal and the seat frame to hold the brake pedal down.

I bleed all the time by myself.

I use a 2x4 wedged agains the brake pedal and the seat frame to hold the brake pedal down.

that's what I do too. for brakes anyway. I bleed by myself cause none of my buddies are dumb enough to help me bust knuckles on the XJ :gee:

Might work bro, of course beers and dinner will be in order.

I'll give you a call when I get out of class, I would love to stay for food and brews but I gotta get home afterwards, wednesday night is the only night of the week me and the wife and kids all have to spend together without soccer/school stuff/work etc.

I'll call ya, shouldn't take long :D

I need to install the new manifold and carb on the Ford so I can bring it up for camping. And hope that I didn't kill the engine on my first attempt to do this...didn't think to drain the coolant, ran out of time/materials (didn't realize the pushrods went through the manifold and didn't have the new gaskets or anything else besides the stuff that came with the parts), threw it back together and wondered why it ran so horribly and what the couple clanky noises were...turned around, went right back to my bros and voila! Milkshake...this week should see it back together, hopefully with no internal damage...

I need to install the new manifold and carb on the Ford so I can bring it up for camping. And hope that I didn't kill the engine on my first attempt to do this...didn't think to drain the coolant, ran out of time/materials (didn't realize the pushrods went through the manifold and didn't have the new gaskets or anything else besides the stuff that came with the parts), threw it back together and wondered why it ran so horribly and what the couple clanky noises were...turned around, went right back to my bros and voila! Milkshake...this week should see it back together, hopefully with no internal damage...

WOW, metamucil and exlax plus spark plugs?

Pretty much. Drained it all out, bought 15 quarts and am waiting til my brother is available for me to come back over and flush at least 5 quarts through and put the new stuff on. Hopefully this'll also solve the lack of power...a 390 should never be lacking power, even with a camper in the bed :D

Back