• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "what can we do better thread"

kinda glad i missed this WF....

Why would you say that? You missed the best one to date. Have you missed all the complaining is coming from two people?

Ram" Hope you make 15"Rod

Pitcher of bacon around the fire. I thought the MWC loved bacon. The 25# shouldn't have gone home it should've been eaten. That's bacon abuse.
-coming from someone who doesn't eat much bacon.

Pitcher of bacon around the fire. I thought the MWC loved bacon. The 25# shouldn't have gone home it should've been eaten. That's bacon abuse.
-coming from someone who doesn't eat much bacon.

Agreed X2. It was like I could not give it away! Told multiple people that I had it and to come get it, not even one late night drunken call for it....only good thing is that I have over $100 of bacon in my freezer :D I did make some a couple nights ago, it was delicious!

Cheese "can always score bacon!" Man

You were telling the wrong people cheese dude!

hell i had a frying pan and propane stove in the chicken coop. :D

Last edited:
Agreed X2. It was like I could not give it away! Told multiple people that I had it and to come get it, not even one late night drunken call for it....only good thing is that I have over $100 of bacon in my freezer :D I did make some a couple nights ago, it was delicious!

Probably because someone didn't come to either campfire.

:eyes:

I had a awesome time! Thank you MWC BOD and volunteers. I'm glad there was no drama at the event even though we do still try to eat out own on line sometimes. Also a big thanks to HD Offroad Engineering and IRO for "sponsoring" WF and lunch. Only complaint is not finding tyler after that raffle to get that bacon! I missed the fried turkey and couches too.

man, I'd have taken $80 and some bacon...

I had a awesome time! Thank you MWC BOD and volunteers. I'm glad there was no drama at the event even though we do still try to eat out own on line sometimes. Also a big thanks to HD Offroad Engineering and IRO for "sponsoring" WF and lunch. Only complaint is not finding tyler after that raffle to get that bacon! I missed the fried turkey and couches too.

^^+1 X infinty

Next time I promise to come for the WHOLE event. (Both my parents and my wife's parents had their 50th anniversaries now.) I'm sorry I had to miss so much of the festivities and food.

I promise to do whatever I can to help Dan and everyone with whatever they need help with, without trying to step on anyone's toes, and still have fun doing it. I'm only 100 miles from Attica, and we have Amazon, FedEx, UPS, & USPS hubs. Just saying, Indianapolis is a convenient place in the US.

And I promise next time to come with turkey friers (I've got 2) and turkeys. Would also help with setting up breakfast for one day before drivers meeting.

(** And here is a thought off the top of my head. I think we could probably get farm fresh ingredients from a farmer I know, or even better farmers from around Attica. We get a youth, or church group to do the cooking and serving. [They do this at the Indy 500, State Fair, and other events around here all the time.] Whatever meal it is, it for a good will donation to whatever cause. We make sure the local media are all well aware of it through a press release. There are all sorts of ways to tie this locally, regionally, and nationally. All sorts of ways to use our collective resources towards what we are passionate about. And this should be repeatable at every major event NAXJA has. With the right frameworks, check lists, SOP's, etc. Things that are sometimes stuck in the collective experience of the most active volunteers. (I hate having ADD sometimes.) Keep it mind for future events. **)

keith 'always happy to tell people his ideas' indy

Last edited:
Heck yeah Keith sounds great to me!

"Be the change you want the world to be" - this is the attitude to encourage in ourselves and others. And it is a fitting quote for me, as I've had the opportunity lately to spend time on vacation, not having to do anything but read and think.

One of my recent incites into human behaviour has led me to the following formula for making a positive social impact in the world.

needs / (care * resources) = solutions

needs = people, places, causes that have needs and constrained resources.
care = people who want to help.
resources = the resources those people are willing to put forward

In this world, I think we mostly need to match those who care with the resources they have available to them to people, places, causes who have real needs. Anyway, I think it is all our jobs to 'save the world' (at the least not make the world any worse off) in one way or another. :patriot:

Regards...
keith "I'm on a mission from Gahd" indy

Well I was going to fry it up during the fire but someone had to go to the ER...

Smoothest one we went to so far. (out of 3)

I was wondering how the potluck was going to go without Mac's trailer but Paul saved the day there.

How could you not be for the ticket mixer being bought for future raffles. I am also for the idea of raising raffle ticket prices to cut down on the amount of tickets to manage.
Anything done to make the raffle more "fair" is a major mistake so lets just forget that was mentioned ever.
Ninja Loved being the ticket Puller and one of the things I think makes this group special is that even though you may get some grief here and there you will be included in some way if you want to put in the effort.

I think the fact that Cb's was one of the things talked about in this thread really shows just how well everything went. Cb's can be cheap and aren't hard to set up so imo it isn't asking a lot for people to have them.
The Frs radios worked great but I think they should be used by Naxja officials and volunteers to stay back channel from the rest of the event chatter.

It was really awesome of Brian to feed us and I had fun actually running the trail with the I.R.O. rigs. Its amazing we have awesome companies like H.D. Offroad and our other sponsors pushing the events, club, and our ability to help maintain our club, its land use donations and member perks.

Really I don't think it could have went any smoother and anyone that wasn't there really missed out. Really my only complaint about this event is how this thread went. LoL

Back