• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"The Walking Dead" on AMC

..,the pile of bodies soaked in GASOLINE???
I was watching with a friend, and that came up. We thought it was stupid at the time, but thinking about it, two thoughts occur:

1 - While gasoline may be kind of hard to get, it wouldn't be scarce for the first 4-8 months after civilization went to pot. Sitting in tanks under ground, in tanks in abandoned cars,.. really it would be everywhere. Hard to get because you would have to hand pump it out of in-ground tanks or siphon out of cars.

2 - After 4-8 months, gasoline wouldn't even exist. What was left sitting around wouldn't even run most cars. 'Might make good paint thinner though.

They also made it a giant deal about loading up the pickup truck.... to transport the bodies.... 50 feet?
All in all, i loved this episode, as it was about people getting real... untill wifey took off and had a single car accident on a straight peice of road, in good weather conditions... I bet women everywhere facepalmed when that happened...

Main character needs to continue his trasformation to fallout guy.

Gasoline may still be around but where would it be?
Lucky if its on the side of the road in an abandoned gas station.
Most likely in town though... With all the "walkers"...
Or the herd of them walking down the highway...
IMO that was not a very good "survival tactic" as some of you guys seem to worry about.:D

It is still a TV show... And a good one at that.

... until wifey took off and had a single car accident on a straight piece of road, in good weather conditions...
Even though they're in GA, I think she must have been a transplant from Phoenix. We've mastered the art of the single car, roll-over accident on a straight road in clear weather/broad daylight.

From running over Zombies?
We don't need no stinking zombies out here. We can do roll-overs for stray dogs,.. rabbits,..

and even for the incredibly complex reasoning that is behind the statement, "Wait, it's 2:17PM!".

Heck, throw a zombie in the middle of the road, any reasonably (in)competent Phoenix driver could manage a rollover over the zombie without touching it.

This episode was ok....hands down the most ridiculous scene was when Rick was so intent on saving that kid that had fallen off the roof. Stupid. There are hoardes of zombies coming and he wants to cut this kids leg off with a pocket knife and waste ammo protecting Hershel while he cuts it off. 10 minutes previous he gunned down 2 dudes for pulling a gun on him because they simply wanting to go with them to the farm...but there's a guy on a roof playing sniper trying to pick him off and he all of a sudden feels bad? Rick's character sucks...plain and simple.

Simply wanted to go the farm with them? You weren't paying attention to what was going on, those guys were full of ill intention, read between the lines. I will agree on the kid 100 percent, nobody would go through that, zombies show up, its straight to the truck with a wave goodbye to the kid. Or at least I would have "put him down" as Hershel suggested.

Simply wanted to go the farm with them? You weren't paying attention to what was going on, those guys were full of ill intention, read between the lines. I will agree on the kid 100 percent, nobody would go through that, zombies show up, its straight to the truck with a wave goodbye to the kid. Or at least I would have "put him down" as Hershel suggested.

Yea those guys were bad news. They would have killed the men and raped the women and then killed them too most likely. The kid I'm not so sure on it. A good source of conflict in the future. Good way to get Shane and Rick to go at each other. My son apparently read the comic on line or something and told me how Shane dies in it. I hope they do the same here.

I'm a much bigger fan of Shane than Rick. The show does a really good job with me of really expressing Shanes frustration. I get just as frustrated watching him get shut down by the rest of the group. I know he's not the most honest of the bunch, but Rick's actions should've gotten them killed several times over. I'd love to see Shane knock off Rick, but I know that will never happen. Any show needs a softie that always tries to make the right decision even though it puts the rest of the group in terrible danger..it offsets the loose cannon who's purpose is to protect the group at all costs.

In the book, didn't Shane's character die off after 3rd-4th episode-ish? I'm still waiting for Darryl's brother (guy who played Rowdy Burns, got in my Days of Thunder reference) to come back. If I remember correctly, when Darryl was all fawked up in the woods, the show implies that Darryl is imagining it, but the scenery never changed, and poof, dude was gone. I think we'll see him pop up again

i really liked the episode. i think shane is out of his mind, his mindset work if it was a smaller group and they didnt have a home base, but i dont think his thought process works out with a group like they have. im really starting to like herschel though, and i can see the farm becoming 'compromised' by the end of the season.

Back