• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Roosternator

i have damn near a full can of this crap left so if you want to do the "murdered out" look to the WJ let me know :D

true it always rains after a wash

I think you should "murder out" yo windshield fool..........

Cheese "rollin', in my 4.0" Man

driving home from work today i thought to my self...

self you should put that muffler on when you get home...

then about 10 mins later i thought...

self,you do realize im driving the truck right that exhaust is gonna be pretty hot when i get home...

so i didn't do it instead while the boys were playing out side i grabbed this can of that nightshade stuff and went at it. maybe it will make my truck look better when i clean it

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

It's amazing how tinted lights make such a big difference. Love mine but when I did mine I never thought to mask off the reverse light so it sucks backing up at night

what is nightshade? I can see what it does to your lights, but does it last or does it start flaking off after a while? where do you get it?

Fore 'living under a rock' Wheeler

what is nightshade? I can see what it does to your lights, but does it last or does it start flaking off after a while? where do you get it?

Fore 'living under a rock' Wheeler

i got it from pepboys i have no idea if it flakes off yet, i red about it in the street forum along time ago. so i guess time will tell i think it might scratch off before it flakes though from trail rash

the can of stuff is like 12 bucks and you barley use any for light coats like i did (so the light still shines through) i have seen little tunner punks pretty much black out all light with this crap

I think Collin has had that stuff on his rig for years and it is still on there.....

Kicking the idea of a locker around, what do you guys like for and affordable option for a DD? front or rear first?

Might look good on my black dd

remove tail lamps

place in warm oven (150-180*) for 10 minutes to soften the urethane

Separate lens from reflector.

Spray nightshade stuff inside lens.

If you spray inside the lens you won't have to worry about it ever flaking, and you'll get a near perfect finish. It will also look much deeper.

reglue lens with urethane glue.

reinstall tail lamps.

Kicking the idea of a locker around, what do you guys like for and affordable option for a DD? front or rear first?

front lunchbox locker.

aussie
lockright

take your pick.
invisible in 2WD, take you a few hours to install one.

front lunchbox locker.

aussie
lockright

take your pick.
invisible in 2WD, take you a few hours to install one.

That seems to be what people are running when i searched.

now off to see if i can afford one or have to wait for somebody selling off a used axle...:eyes:

just need it by WF :D

I have been running PowerTrax lockers F&R for years....only had one rebuild kit in each, which is cheap ($20). I used to DD my XJ and never had any problems. The back would get squirrley if I wanted it to, but they are great for the $. I have read the pros and cons of front VS. rear and it is simply user preference. I personally think front....

now with that being said...start saving your money and I will sell you my pseudo built, locked F&R axles w/ 4.10s, dif guards, rear disk brakes etc!! :D

now with that being said...start saving your money and I will sell you my pseudo built, locked F&R axles w/ 4.10s, dif guards, rear disk brakes etc!! :D

It all depends on how much money has to be saved :D

REW'budgetbuilt'STER

The Rew price is a "deal"...as long as teh killer brownie dessert os involved. It would be ablut the same as you buying 2 new lunchbox lockers and a good diff cover....I have about 2K in them...we are talking half that....with extra axles front and rear "just in case"

Cheese "it's a lot of $, but not in the grand scheme" Man

Back