• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The results...

Thanks John, that is what I have been looking for and was not able to figure out how to say it. Thanks Beezil for bringing Johns information into the discussion. I also would be willing to serve should a chapter eventually form, but I agree that we need to get some bonding time first.

Rev

Beezil said:
thanks jnj....

(I can't believe I am "thankful" for jnj's presence...first for everything)

john, what are the top three most important priorities in order to form a succesful chapter? in your opinion that is, not like it would be right or anything, just humor us if you can.....

3? hmmmm, well as most of you have realized already, build relationships, face to face, not just on here.

Get people to travel to meet each other. If they can't/wont travel to have get-togethers, they wont travel to wheel.

Have more then 3 people willing to run for the BOD (Texas failed when elections came and no one wanted to run though lots of folks wanted to have a chapter).

Get together often, and don't let Beezil know when and where the get-togethers are!

MaXJohnson said:
I've been to the Badlands twice for events and consider that a stretch as a local outing.

Exactly why do you consider Badlands a "stretch" as a local outing and how does this affect the quality of people getting together and forming friendships?

Just curious ...

Les

JnJ said:
... build relationships, face to face, not just on here ...

Get people to travel to meet each other....

Have more then 3 people willing to run for the BOD ...

Get together often, and don't let Beezil know when and where ...

JnJ ... you mentioned four important aspects ... is the fourth the most important? ;)

Les

lbexj said:
Exactly why do you consider Badlands a "stretch" as a local outing and how does this affect the quality of people getting together and forming friendships?

Just curious ...
Les

The Badlands is roughly 500 miles one-way from Kansas City. That means to spend a day or two in the Bandlads will cost another two days of driving. I consider that a stretch. 250 miles can be done in a weekend. 500 miles requires a couple of days off. How often do you think the average working guy can do that in a year?

That has nothing to do with the quality of people getting together. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone at the Badlands with no exceptions. Had a great time, too.

JNJ hits it on the head when he says a chapter starts with a core group of guys that are already wheelin' together. The chapter comes when and if the core group hits critical mass. There's a core group in the Great Lakes area, but they haven't hit critical mass yet. The area I'm in (Kansas & Missouri) doesn't even have the core group. Put your ear to the ground and you can hear the rumblings, but that's about it.

Thanks MaXJohnson ... I understand now what you meant... and I agree ..

Les

I agree with MaXJohnson, I live in Nebraska and although I have a few friends that wheel, we dont have the time to go as often as we need to, Ive seen very few people on the board in my area, couple from Kansas..other than that...? It would be very cool to have a Heartland Chapter but the people just arent there. Not to mention for any 'good' wheeling you have to go to Colorado, which cant be done for over a weekend from Lincoln.

my.02cents

Rockhopper
(newbie from Charger.com after selling my other toy)

Good advice, John. I am very pro chapters, but I believe in letting a chapter's formation move along at it's own natural pace. No need to rush it...at all. The basis needs to be actual wheeling, and not Internent, activity. Work on getting together, then let the chapter come out of that, rather than the other way around.

Good luck to you all.........and I know you all know what to do with Beezil. :)

it might not make much sense, but even thoug I don't dig chapters, it'd be cool if these guy can pull it off.

I think this upcoming event will be a make or break deal......

it'll be a good group, and they;ll get a chance to talk serious (so to speak)

goatcoat, you never know, maybe if i kiss some ass they'll let me wheel with them once they are a chapter?

Beezil said:
goatcoat, you never know, maybe if i kiss some ass they'll let me wheel with them once they are a chapter?

The Anti-Chapter Pres is always welcome on Any NAXJA Chapter run!

P.S. I like the goatcoat phrase, that was good!

Speaking of Goatcoat, that Ford PSD I was talking about is still on that guys lot. You were right about the price. Thanks.

seanR said:
After looking at the "show of hands" thread, here are the results of the voting.

Yes:thumbup:-----------15
No(n) ------------ 3
Undecided. :looney: ---- 6

The yeses were:
ibenxj-----------Indiana
Less Limited-----Illinois
MN XJ-----------Minnesota
SeanR-----------Illinois
Scott Mac-------Michigan
WalterB---------Missouri
Four Wheeler----Michigan
acard-----------Iowa
Rufies97XJ------Ohio
Dark Pitt--------Indiana
Lawn Cher------Missouri
urban redneck---Illinois
poison----------Missouri
Bones----------Missouri
Tim MN---------Minnesota
I know my vote dosent really count but put me down for MO/KS. Im stationed in KS but my house is in mo. Right now im in iraq and just waiting for my wife to send in my membership info.Dont I kinda need a chapter to attach my self to frst?

Thx Ryan ><

Jeepin_rebel said:
Right now im in iraq and just waiting for my wife to send in my membership info. Dont I kinda need a chapter to attach my self to frst?

Thx Ryan ><

Ryan ... you do not need a Chapter to attach yourself to ... you are welcome at any NAXJA function as a member. Get that membership info in ,,,

Les

Well Since the "Show of Hands" thread hs grown, I thought I would Up date everyone...

Indiana-6
Illinois-12
Minnisota-3
Michigan-5
Missouri-7
kentucky-1
Iowa-1
Ohio-2
and yes
wisconsin-1

38 yeses and maybes
mostly in Illinois, Indiana, Micigan, and Missouri.

I did see some Non-Members in the list, pay up!
The local chapter is secondary to NAXJA!

Last edited:
Are you asking SeanR or the yesses themselves? Because I am willing to take a leadership position. I'm chomping at the bit to host a meet and greet, BTW, but my yard isn't grown in (new construction) and wouldn't make too great of a BBQ location yet. I'm 70 miles from Rockport, IL, which might be a reasonable drive for a group from my place, and there is a campground 5 minutes from my house. Sound like a fun weekend? Maybe in a few months... I should have a job by then and would feel better about spending some money.

Scott Mac. said:
How many of those are willing to participate on the political end?

I'm still willing to do whatever needs doing.

Back