• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official JEEP XJ vs RANGER Race Thread

I like desert racing. I like XJs. I like Jeepspeed. I tend to rag on EVERYBODY who drive fords. Having said that:

This thread is like watching a episode of pinks. Talk sh**, talk sh**, talk sh**. All day long,... talk sh**. Only show based only on automotive racing where I can't wait for the commercials. 'Can't stand to watch it.

SHUT THE F**K UP AND RACE!!!!!! Or go home.

I like desert racing. I like XJs. I like Jeepspeed. I tend to rag on EVERYBODY who drive fords. Having said that:

This thread is like watching a episode of pinks. Talk sh**, talk sh**, talk sh**. All day long,... talk sh**. Only show based only on automotive racing where I can't wait for the commercials. 'Can't stand to watch it.

SHUT THE F**K UP AND RACE!!!!!! Or go home.

Obviously, you are not as bored as we are.

This is funny. I don't think Tony expected Jim to completely revamp his jeep for this race but from what I have heard about the ranger.......should be good show.

Yea, this is getting good now! next thing you know Jim's XJ will be linked with 25 inch's of travel.

HAHA. Well if he does manage to beat the Ranger (which, no offense Jim, I doubt) he will have earned his $100 with $3000 worth of modifications. Not that those mod's weren't already planned but he picked a good time to do it. :peace:

Man o man, how in the hell did I miss this thread!!!

Haha, ok, the ranger should have around 150 HP with the 4 banger... so Rich, about a 40HP difference is right. It weighs in at about 3300 lbs (so about 600 lbs lighter).

Andy, your right, Jim will win $100 for $3k in mods.. hahahah (Jim, have to give you sh!t)

And just so you all know, I am actuallyhelping Jim get the parts he needs for his XJ, its not a hateful bet or anything....

As for beating him off the start... yeah, Jim may launch a bit quicker.... but what will keep him moving fast through the 3 feet rollers?

As for the course, Jim and I agreed a 5 mile strectch of one of the courses in Barstow (think deep whoops, not flat powerline roads)

Ok, and last but not least, XJ is the jack of all trades, but master of none. Desert racing included!!

As for the course, Jim and I agreed a 5 mile strectch of one of the courses in Barstow (think deep whoops, not flat powerline roads)

I have done a lot of testing at the Hodge road loop in Barstow. It's a good mix of whoops and switchbacks and good for spectating. It would be an ideal spot for this race.

Chris

I have done a lot of testing at the Hodge road loop in Barstow. It's a good mix of whoops and switchbacks and good for spectating. It would be an ideal spot for this race.

Chris

Yup, thought about this exact section, and I agree... another option would be the stretch from Hodge to Outlet Center road.

Haha, ok, the ranger should have around 150 HP with the 4 banger... so Rich, about a 40HP difference is right.

well, that would depend on which 4 cyl it is... unless I missed it, we don't know which it has

93-97 had a 2.3L with 112hp
98-01? had the 2.5L with 120hp
01+ has a DOHC 2.3L with 143hp

We really need more specs on this ranger

I think the point is being missed a bit. It really comes down to the course.

If you want to race the 30 miles of 4' whoops going into San Felipe. I'll take the under powered IFS Ranger.

If you want to race the first 30 miles of the Lucerne course, my Cherokee with 3 time the HP will spank the Ranger.

Eric

If you want to race the 30 miles of 4' whoops going into San Felipe. I'll take the under powered IFS Ranger.

If you want to race the first 30 miles of the Lucerne course, my Cherokee with 3 time the HP will spank the Ranger.

Eric

3x the hp!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Eric

Matter of fact Jim, I have a crispy $100 bill that says my buddies 4 cyl ranger will hand you your XJ. Call it 5 miles through one of the sections in the Barstow course........and by the way, he has less than 10k in his ranger including cost of the truck (somewhere around 6 or 7)

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244472950&postcount=73

Back