• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The official fall flog roll call thread...

Ghost said:
I will not make it this time yet again as of now. The Bone Marrow Donation that I have been waiting to do for over a year is back on and set for that weekend.

:cheers:

Yeah I am out of course, but once I get back to the real world I'll be making all the rides

I won't make it this year, I will be at a bored meeting in FL :(

--- yea, I spelled it that way on purpose :)

uncc civilengineer said:
How's life been treating you Forest?
I am still around, just don't post much. I really wanted to go to the Flog, but the timing is bad. I blew a head gasket in my Ramcharger, and have been working on that for a couple of weeks.

i heard that last weekend was the last week to use all the trails; and now there will only be a few trials open at tellico. is this true?

I pulled this from the SFWDA website.

Winter Closure Notice: As of 2007, some Tellico trails will be closed during the winter. The closed trails are lower 2, 7, 9, and 10. The closure period is January through March. Please contact the Ranger station for the exact trails and time period.

DCinSC said:
If it don't break. "IT" will be there Late the afternoon of the 2nd. All day 3rd & 4th.
"IT"

87XJa.JPG

It broke

Not going to make the Flog, but as of Saturday (2 days ago) all trails were open and in great shape. We ran Part of Schoolbus (breakage), Slickrock, Lower 2 (at night) and Upper 2 (At night freezing our tails off). The changes made to the hard trails actually make them more fun for the average sized rigs. It's the guys running 38's and above that may have lost some do-able fun spots.

i'll be there, ridin' with blackclassic and his buddy...

i just got all my stuff in my bunky and hey the wifi reaches here! great day to drive down i came through trail from tennessee probably saw three other vehicles besides me just a fun drive.... i'm gonna try and post up at least one pic a day the net is slow as balls here :D
DSC01901.jpg

everyone's rig held together great.... except mine.. but i did finish lower two in 3 wheel drive and didn't get winched
my final tally: two front axleshafts, ripped off driver knuckle, maybe bent a rim?, and cracked cv on my front driveshaft, and a bent lca mount
tim coming up slickrock
DSC01917.jpg

me broken on slickrock (AGAIN!)
DSC01923.jpg

DSC01920.jpg

matt coming up lower 2
DSC01942.jpg

tony on lower 2
DSC01948.jpg

tim on lower 2
DSC01954.jpg

group shot
DSC01960.jpg

mark bouncing up
DSC01963.jpg

tony again
DSC01966.jpg

and some crazy dude in a scrambler
DSC01971.jpg

My carnage report... the release button for the parking brake fell out. After running lower 2, I didn't feel the need to push it any further and chance getting stuck out there in the dark. Other than that, I had a great time once again and will be back as soon as the next event arises.

i had a great time guys... enjoyed seein' all the XJs out there, and taking pics... i only took 900+ of my whole two day adventure. i'll be working on loading these pics to a website, or server; once i do, i'll let you know what to do to get them...

DAN

It was a blast! No small thanks go to Doug,Matt,Mark,Tony for your hospitality and friendship and letting me tag along with your group. Wish you guys could have hung around for Sunday. We went up upper 2 and trail 7. I cannot tell a lie...... tore off my driver side mirror and both front of those dang bushwackers,(stupid Doraville PD) but nothing important.

Back