• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Next Big Event.

Where

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIgDaddyChia

RRC Organizer
Hey guys we need to Decide where to have our next big event.

Your Choices are Katemcy in October or Barnwell in October/November

The Katemcy date is already set since its the end of the year run there. October 4-5. As for Barnwell If thats decided as a yes then we can discuss dates. Please vote and vote soon. Trying to get started now on this.

I won't make katemcy, too far, and barnwell is close but sucks. If its at barnwell I'll try to make it.

No chance of it being at hot springs?

goodburbon said:
our last run was at hot springs, we're trying to spread out a bit to include everyone.
Oh, thought it was to gilmer.

As much as I want to go to Katemcy (and oh GOD do I want to go to Katemcy) I think that we're not realistically going to be able to field enough folks there. The drive distance is un-tenable for most, especially considering gas prices. As it is, running to Gilmer is at least $150 bucks in Gas alone these days.

can't we mayhaps get together by area and try to make a showing at both? I live near Waco and would be stoked to take someone with, or copilot a rig. I am not afraid to take my heep, and will try to get stuck. We are a group, which would by definition mean we show up in "a group" . Plus, isn't it funnier if we can laugh at each others broke down rigs, and get pics for other to laugh at? This is an open invite to a copilot. We split, you laugh and snap pics. You spill drink, ride in wet seat.

It'll be a poor mans Texan fall fling. Honestly I doubt if I will be able to make it anywhere but Gilmer or Shiloh ridge the way my finances are panning out.

goodburbon said:
It'll be a poor mans Texan fall fling. Honestly I doubt if I will be able to make it anywhere but Gilmer or Shiloh ridge the way my finances are panning out.

I think a lot of us are feeling the same way. Chia and I discussed aiming for a November 7 - 9 event in Gilmer. That way we avoid conflict with Moab for those folks heading out that way, but we're still n the ballpark. Thoughts?

I'd vote for Katemcy--great place for those who haven't been there-- but alas Moab is calling my name, so won't be able to make it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back