• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-Tech Thread

I like my 4:1 t-case. I will like it more when I get 5.38's.

I'm on the same boat as Travis. 1 thread with 13 pages of posts that I need to read is enough. 2 is unnecessary and this will not be organized so POOOOOO!

the side gears sit on 4 points on the different spiders keeping it pretty aligned. it looks like he tack one side together while the other side with set in the carrier, then vise versa with the other side. seems like it would keep everything good, ifs good enough for me, ill be doing the same thing on my 14b. ill most likely try to tack it all together with the carrier halfs still bolted together, there should be enough room to do this in the little access holes on the carrier/

wanna do my 70 too

what size tires you runnin?

Currently got:

33x12.50 Baja Radial MTXs (worn to just about 31") used those street up till now.

33x12.50 Trxus MTs (worn to around 32") Probably using those for street now

34x10.50 LTBs for trail worn to ??? (never measured) for trail. Though I did throw one of these on my rig and they looked pretty small (didn't look much bigger than my "33s" so they might be worn down pretty good. Still got some decent tread so should do well. That and I could tell they were slightly under-inflated. I never actually got to get them on and inflated and measure since as soon as I got one on I was told to move the Jeep so I pulled it off and put the MTX back on in its place.

Saw the 35x12.50 wrangler MTRs on the classifieds that I might look into if they don't sell to the guy that is "first in line"... but that would require me to sell one or both sets of the 'street' tires I have right now. Which I would most likely do in a heartbeat.

I tried to not end up with a collection of tires I don't need, but somehow ended up with one... luckily all of them are either worn out, or the backup set for the MJ.

Speaking of which, once I buy the 29sp 8.25 that's going in the MJ (plan is about a month from now, yes, this is set in stone :roflmao:) I am going to make floor lamps out of my old rims, the axleshafts out of the d35, and the carrier+ring gears from the d35 and my old d30.

Speaking of which, once I buy the 29sp 8.25 that's going in the MJ (plan is about a month from now, yes, this is set in stone :roflmao:) I am going to make floor lamps out of my old rims, the axleshafts out of the d35, and the carrier+ring gears from the d35 and my old d30.

You stole my idea! I said I was using my 8.25 to make lamps. Let me know hwo it works for you. I think I am using my old disk brakes, some scrap steel, and axle shafts to a work stand. Hard to explain what I am going to do, so I will just have to post pics when I am done :D

I am just deciding what wheels/tires I am going to sell off. If I end up with the MTRs I will sell off the Trxus MTs + wheels as well as my baja radial MTXs to recoup the cost of the MTRs. Then call it a day on the tire front for a while.

I planned on staying open. Only reason I got the truetrac is for the full carrier to give a bit of added strength since I am running 4.88s and the gears will need all the help they can get. That and I got the truetrac for pretty cheap.

zomg i have to diagnose a possible bad injector in the snow today or tomorrow... code 27.. something about bad voltage... anywhoo.. the injectors should be 0 ohms if i test across them right? if its a bad injector i'll pick up a set of mustang 19s pounders.

Not quite zero, more like a couple ohms. Make sure you get a zero reading on your meter beforehand by touching the probes together and either adjusting the zero knob or writing down the reading, then subtracting it off your measurements.

hey ross, what are you doing right now?

if you're not going to get that phase converter and hooking the bridgeport up, you're wrong .!. :D .!.

Last edited:
Back