• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-Tech Thread

yeah. having a no-slip was cool and all, but a lunchbox locker reloads awkwardly coming out of a turn. i found it easier to just gas through the turn and scrub the inside tire. plus then you look like a BAMF.

im still learning about lockers/welded rears and what not, its all new to me

run it and stfu. theyre really not that noticeable, espically with bigger tires. with my 35's, i could go around a corner with the locker locked and sometimes not even get tire scrub/chirps.

run it and stfu. theyre really not that noticeable, espically with bigger tires. with my 35's, i could go around a corner with the locker locked and sometimes not even get tire scrub/chirps.
that there is called axle wrap. i'd rather my tires scrub.

look who's posting links to pbb now.

this thread has 32 (now 33) posts and 33 (now 34) views

the side gears sit on 4 points on the different spiders keeping it pretty aligned. it looks like he tack one side together while the other side with set in the carrier, then vise versa with the other side. seems like it would keep everything good, ifs good enough for me, ill be doing the same thing on my 14b. ill most likely try to tack it all together with the carrier halfs still bolted together, there should be enough room to do this in the little access holes on the carrier/

the side gears sit on 4 points on the different spiders keeping it pretty aligned. it looks like he tack one side together while the other side with set in the carrier, then vise versa with the other side. seems like it would keep everything good, ifs good enough for me, ill be doing the same thing on my 14b. ill most likely try to tack it all together with the carrier halfs still bolted together, there should be enough room to do this in the little access holes on the carrier/
OK, that explains it. How you are probably going to do it is how it makes sense to me. I probably worry way too much about "almost" aligned vs "perfectly" aligned. Should have seen the crazy nonsense I went through welding the new LCA brackets onto my new hpd30 to avoid moving the bolt holes or angles at all from stock.

I hope this thread dies...

but I doubt it will. time will tell ;)

I hope this thread dies...
Not with me around. I will keep asking either A) pointless questions or B) stating different builds I want to do that get shot down by others who tell me to stay small and just wheel. :rof:

Edit: but I will show people... I will wheel my rig on "small" axles and such. Then one of these days I will just start building and not ask any questions. Just not install anything until everything is done. Then swap in all the big axles and stuff and if sh!t doesn't work... well then I will have wasted tons of money. Otherwise next year I will just suddenly show up to a wheeling trip with tons and a doubler and be like "what now?!?. Then I will try and drive over a branch and everything will bind up and lock and explode and everyone will laugh with me :eyes:

Or I will buy a house and not be able to afford anything and have to stop spending money on the Jeep at all and be a bum who doesn't wheel again.

Last edited:
haha.. we will all laugh WITH you..

and dont buy a house, wheel your jeep :)

Back