• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

head gasket finally went on the disco last night... 152k on the original. poured in some k-seal and gonna see how long that lasts, on the lookout for a ranger/mazda b series; this one is perfect:

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5900135030.html

Going to wait until at least I close on the house on monday before I make any moves on buying something.

head gasket finally went on the disco last night... 152k on the original. poured in some k-seal and gonna see how long that lasts, on the lookout for a ranger/mazda b series; this one is perfect:

Going to wait until at least I close on the house on monday before I make any moves on buying something.

What's the plan for the Ranger?

any questions on em just ask me, I'm an expert on building them, Billy and Ryan have seen my work first hand and can attest to the top notch quality.

Why not do the HGs on the disco?

222,222 miles on the 5.9 ZJ today. Still runs great, just completed a trip to Boston for work and will do the same next week, but if something major on it ever goes I'll likely move onto something else.

As to what that 'something else' is...I have no idea. Nothing on the new market interests me. I don't want touchscreen, navigation, cameras etc...knobs and buttons suffice, and a minimal amount of interference in the way I want to drive. Needs to be AWD, and fit all my music gear, and be able to be camped out of somewhat reasonably (biggish cargo area). Also needs to be somewhat unique and fast as apparently I can't own anything normal.

The long-term goal, when I find one, is to build a full-size old Cherokee...not as a badass wheeler, probably 35s at most, but modern engine (Coyote most likely), modern/custom interior, updated suspension, etc. Unfortunately that'll take a while and I'll probably need to figure out something in the interim. :/

The long-term goal, when I find one, is to build a full-size old Cherokee...not as a badass wheeler, probably 35s at most, but modern engine (Coyote most likely), modern/custom interior, updated suspension, etc. Unfortunately that'll take a while and I'll probably need to figure out something in the interim. :/

You're going to make Patch all hot and bothered.

same schedule as the head gasket on your 5 ton

I did the head gasket two years ago, just never bothered putting the injectors, rockers, or valve covers back on :jester:

(Ran when parked)

Hey guys, I'm back driving a pile of trash again...

98 XJ 4.0l 5 Speed

Long Story Short: Picked it up cheap with an engine knock. Did rod and main bearings and noise is still there. Sets a Cylinder 2 Misfire code now. Ran a cylinder leak-down test and found the Intake valve not seating. Tried cleaning the carbon and lapping it back to the head in the vehicle (Cordless drill on the valve stem and lapping compound through the spark plug hole, Roadkill Style). Won't come around, valve looks fine, I'm thinking the valve seal in the head is roasted.

I have two cylinder heads sitting here; an 0630 head and a 7120 head. Someone tell me which one I should bother going through to slap back on?

Hey guys, I'm back driving a pile of trash again...

98 XJ 4.0l 5 Speed

Long Story Short: Picked it up cheap with an engine knock. Did rod and main bearings and noise is still there. Sets a Cylinder 2 Misfire code now. Ran a cylinder leak-down test and found the Intake valve not seating. Tried cleaning the carbon and lapping it back to the head in the vehicle (Cordless drill on the valve stem and lapping compound through the spark plug hole, Roadkill Style). Won't come around, valve looks fine, I'm thinking the valve seal in the head is roasted.

I have two cylinder heads sitting here; an 0630 head and a 7120 head. Someone tell me which one I should bother going through to slap back on?

Wheelin tomorrow?

222,222 miles on the 5.9 ZJ today. Still runs great, just completed a trip to Boston for work and will do the same next week, but if something major on it ever goes I'll likely move onto something else.

As to what that 'something else' is...I have no idea. Nothing on the new market interests me. I don't want touchscreen, navigation, cameras etc...knobs and buttons suffice, and a minimal amount of interference in the way I want to drive. Needs to be AWD, and fit all my music gear, and be able to be camped out of somewhat reasonably (biggish cargo area). Also needs to be somewhat unique and fast as apparently I can't own anything normal.

Subaru Forester XT. It's lesbian sure, but it ticks all your boxes. Started in 04 iirc

Back