• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-WiFi thread

I feel like me head was in a paint shaker all day

Pulled a head a while ago and got acorn parts in the oil return holes.....stuck random stuff in there trying to get the pieces out

Zoom to today.....put the gasket and head back on, I'm short a bolt......odds I left it in the oil passage?

Pulled a head a while ago and got acorn parts in the oil return holes.....stuck random stuff in there trying to get the pieces out

Zoom to today.....put the gasket and head back on, I'm short a bolt......odds I left it in the oil passage?

10:1. Against you.

Sad part is the bolts are just hand threaded in, I could totally pull the head again, just really don't want to

Use a drink straw or rubber hose and a shopvac plus some duct tape to suck the acorns out next time, and don't leave surgery tools in your patients

I jumped my jeep and tore the rear frame section apart. Time to fix that and do some cross bracing along with some cage stuff.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow after 3 days of working crew for Tony Pedregon's top fuel funny car team. I had expected to be cleaning parts and waxing the body all weekend but ended up helping tear the motor apart between rounds, sliding pistons in, tearing heads apart and wrapped up my weekend by helping pull apart a blown up hemi that melted 3 Pistons and destroyed the crank. I give these guys props for doing this 24 weekends a year and especially the driver who straps himself in between a few pieces of tubing being pushed by 10,000hp. Can not wait til next year

Sounds like a boring day.

PS I was just on TV

Not looking forward to work tomorrow after 3 days of working crew for Tony Pedregon's top fuel funny car team. I had expected to be cleaning parts and waxing the body all weekend but ended up helping tear the motor apart between rounds, sliding pistons in, tearing heads apart and wrapped up my weekend by helping pull apart a blown up hemi that melted 3 Pistons and destroyed the crank. I give these guys props for doing this 24 weekends a year and especially the driver who straps himself in between a few pieces of tubing being pushed by 10,000hp. Can not wait til next year
We tried to come chat after Pedregon was knocked out but you were busy.

Yea it was nuts, even when they don't win they still tear the thing apart like they did and get it back into a shortblock ready for the next weekend, except this time the block had to be swapped out. Can't say I've ever had to use a 5lb sledge and a pry bar to get a cam out of a block LOL.

Hope you guys had fun, good weekend of racing thats for sure.

Yea it was nuts, even when they don't win they still tear the thing apart like they did and get it back into a shortblock ready for the next weekend, except this time the block had to be swapped out. Can't say I've ever had to use a 5lb sledge and a pry bar to get a cam out of a block LOL.

Hope you guys had fun, good weekend of racing thats for sure.

Sledgehammers seemed common for the guys that were not big money teams and swapping every part over.
Trying to get your attention we watched someone from your crew wailing on the oil pan baffles for a solid few minutes for some reason. :roflmao:

Just got back from Bantam Heritage Jeep Festival. They broke the world record with 2420 Jeeps in a parade.

There's very little construction on 90, 84, or 81. Wednesday should be cake traffic wise on our way to PA.

Back