• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

It is I I trade it in without them figuring it out

1650 to get new gaskets and head work done on the pilot......anyone think its worth doing?
the dealer just hydrolocked the engine right? Have them eat the frickin bill.

I just got an incredible deal on 5 speed late model XJ parts, and got almost everything else I had on my list as well. Goddamn I love random junkyard finds. Once you know the guy at the register by name, you either get horrible prices or great prices... :jester:

I managed to ski really fast, fall and do a barrel roll, partly break a binding, bent a pole, and then slam back first into one of the ski lift poles. I feel awesome, and by awesome I mean very very sore. ski patrol and people around came rushing over but thankfully I only knocked the wind outta me it seems. some people in the bar afterwards recongized me as the guy that ate shit into a pole.

I managed to ski really fast, fall and do a barrel roll, partly break a binding, bent a pole, and then slam back first into one of the ski lift poles. I feel awesome, and by awesome I mean very very sore. ski patrol and people around came rushing over but thankfully I only knocked the wind outta me it seems. some people in the bar afterwards recongized me as the guy that ate shit into a pole.

should have had your tow mirrors out. they would have acted like training wheels and kept you from rolling.

Gears in new axle "set up".

Turned out my friend who said he had a mic, dial indicator, etc actually had a digital caliper with dead batteries and a boregauge... so I did it by feel with whiteout as marking compound. Can't be worse than what's in there right now :gee: At least I have setup bearings and some retard gear experience now.

Will probably recheck it tomorrow after picking up a proper dial indicator. Since the pinion was already set, as long as I got backlash right it should be fine, pretty sure I went just a little overboard on carrier preload but I've seen factory diffs with more than what I put in.

Didn't say that there's anything "wrong" with them. Like any product, XJ leafs run from low quality/price to better quality/$$. OME is widely considered the best XJ leafs for general use, while RC is near the bottom of the pile & among the cheapest. In between those you have companies like RE, Clayton, Deaver, IRO, Skyjacker, Rusty's & so on. You consider factors like durability & likeliness to sag, ride quality, number of leafs in the pack & so on. I find that the lowest cost leafs are very popular precisely because they are cheap.

I always thought Clayton and deavers were better quality than ome, but I'm not a cf expert

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Schedule 40 piping for your role cage....only on Cherokee forum.

Conduit that gets wheeled is better than DOM that doesn't :firedevil

Time to be incredibly sore and complain a lot while installing a dana 30.

Back