• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: The NAC Lots-O-Muscle-Cars-vs-'12 Toyota Camry Thread

Oh...and the 5.9 ZJ with the 242 in full-time is a friggin blast to drive. It hasn't had 4wd at all in probably 7-8 years, and when it did, it was with a 249 with a locked-up viscous coupler and a binding rear LSD so it wasn't smooth at all. The 242 and a fresh set of clutches in the LSD really pull nice out of corners now.

My old XJ with the 242 in full-time and the rear auto locker was an absolute blast. It was real easy to look like a hero in that thing. I wish I had a rear LSD in my Rover.

depending on the channel getting anywhere from a coating to 4" either way got to get pass window regulator replaced in the truck before the snow. been stuck halfway open all week

Your truck and my house are best buds then, I just shrinkwrapped the bedroom windows.

The moxie sticker is comparable to all the other issues my house has

Oh...and the 5.9 ZJ with the 242 in full-time is a friggin blast to drive. It hasn't had 4wd at all in probably 7-8 years, and when it did, it was with a 249 with a locked-up viscous coupler and a binding rear LSD so it wasn't smooth at all. The 242 and a fresh set of clutches in the LSD really pull nice out of corners now.

Wish I 242 swapped the first one I had. That also needed an LSD though, the carrier bearings were spun when I bought it, so I swapped in a regular 44A.

Headed to Baltimore for the week as support for the City of Boston's equipment they're sending for snow removal. Who wants to party???

The NAC Pats gonna be a Stripper in Baltimore Thread

or The Nac Pats gonna get a lot of RHINO in Baltimore Thread

Last edited:

Can finally get a new laptop. Got about $800 to spend. 18" screen would be cool but not needed. No apple/macs. What yalls recomend?

Can finally get a new laptop. Got about $800 to spend. 18" screen would be cool but not needed. No apple/macs. What yalls recomend?

Whatever it is; SSD, i5 or i7, and at least 8GB ram.

You be good for a few years on that setup.

But there are a lot of questions like:
What is your intended usage?
Are you just watching videos online or are you going to try gaming?
Are you going to output to a TV or 2nd/3rd monitor?
Do you want a full size keyboard? Numpad? (Chances are you get that anyway with any decent 17" laptop).
Do you care about battery life?

Hopefully this $800 is not in Target gift cards.

Whatever it is; SSD, i5 or i7, and at least 8GB ram.

You be good for a few years on that setup.

But there are a lot of questions like:
What is your intended usage?
Are you just watching videos online or are you going to try gaming?
Are you going to output to a TV or 2nd/3rd monitor?
Do you want a full size keyboard? Numpad? (Chances are you get that anyway with any decent 17" laptop).
Do you care about battery life?

Hopefully this $800 is not in Target gift cards.

Internet and very light gaming (1 racing game) only real uses, and yeah full-size keyboard and I'd rather not have a touch screen. Only time I need to worry bout batterey life is when traveling

I recommend Dell or Lenovo. The mid-grade laptops are well made. Stay away from anything under $500 or anything that's sold at Best Buy.

i7 processor, 8GB+ RAM, SSD is nice but not a necessity (7200rpm hard drive would be nice though). Hard drive space is no longer an issue so don't worry about that.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptop...15-inch/?sb=:000001C9:00015B90:#tab-customize

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/l...?oc=cal153w7pf5&model_id=latitude-3550-laptop

Back