• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Yeah the front crank seal. The seal I bought was a National and was only like $20. Didn't show any installation tool with it.

Do you still have yours?

Oil pan gasket or front main seal (or both :laugh:) on the dodge are leaking pretty bad. Covered the whole front axle in oil. Mint.
Some people pay big $ for that kind of rust prevention.

Hey LI Adam or Anthony, I have a camera question.

I'm finding myself wanting a new DSLR, my D40x has served me well, but I could use some more. I want better low light, more focus points (more than the 3 on the horizontal midpoint) and a flip up screen would be nice if I'm getting perspective shots. I'm not going crazy, but was thinking of the Nikon D5200. Any thoughts?
D5000/5100/5200 are all pretty good and are a huge step up from the D40x as far as low light performance. D40/40x/60 are beginner cameras. The 5k series are high end of intermediate IMO and would probably serve you well. If you decide to spend extra coin, the D7000 is even better as far as low-light and frames per second. I haven't looked at prices in a while but I think it's a significant bit more $, too. No flip up screen on the 7k but I think some of the newer versions of it might...?

How many lenses do you have for your current camera? Would you get the body only of the new one or a kit lens too? If you don't need glass that can save a couple bucks and put it towards the better body.

fun watching the facilities team run around the office trying to catch a bird with banker boxes while all the companies chief officers are in town from from asia for review meetings

Yeah the front crank seal. The seal I bought was a National and was only like $20. Didn't show any installation tool with it.

Do you still have yours?

I doubt it but I'll check. Its also good practice to remove the timing case bolts one at a time and clean/loctite/retorque them. They can vibrate loose and cause damage like the KDP.

Hey Ross, When are you gonna be able to cut dem link tabs?

I doubt it but I'll check. Its also good practice to remove the timing case bolts one at a time and clean/loctite/retorque them. They can vibrate loose and cause damage like the KDP.

Thanks, I'll probably do that as well then.

Might try to knock that out the weekend after Rocktoberfest.

Hey Ross, When are you gonna be able to cut dem link tabs?

Whenever duder. Got a templete or shape/size you want? I just picked up more 1/4" plate too

Whenever duder. Got a templete or shape/size you want? I just picked up more 1/4" plate too

Translation: Do it yourself or I may get it done for RoctoberFest 2017.

Speaking of money... What happened yesterday?

You okay now?

Shit got cleared up, things were so good I stayed and did a 15hr day, should easily clear 60hrs this week. Also talked to my manager on the culinary side and I'm set for next Thurs and Fri, he's basicly gonna tell my manager on the device side(I only work for her on Fridays) to go pound sand.

He traded me a Rockcrusher diff cover for the 60 in the Nova :D

D5000/5100/5200 are all pretty good and are a huge step up from the D40x as far as low light performance. D40/40x/60 are beginner cameras. The 5k series are high end of intermediate IMO and would probably serve you well. If you decide to spend extra coin, the D7000 is even better as far as low-light and frames per second. I haven't looked at prices in a while but I think it's a significant bit more $, too. No flip up screen on the 7k but I think some of the newer versions of it might...?

How many lenses do you have for your current camera? Would you get the body only of the new one or a kit lens too? If you don't need glass that can save a couple bucks and put it towards the better body.

Ya, I know D40x was a good one to start. It is 7 years old and has 24,2XX shutter clicks on it, which I looked a chart and that is the start of the bell curve of failures. I know they go easily to 50k, or 100k, but the lower end starts there.

Ya, D7000 is discontinued and the D7100 body only is double the price of the D5200 body only. I know it will be better, but I can't justify that. The D7100 is 6 fps up to 100 shots, the D5200 says 5fps, doesn't say the max on the buffer. Anything will be better than 1fps up until a total of 6 pictures like my D40x.

I have the 18-55 that came with the body, your old 55-200 (which I also wish I had some extra zoom with, which I remember was the reason you got the 55-300), and a 10-24. I first thought of the body only, but my 18-55 is well used and has some wiggle, and sometimes the auto focus doesn't catch and rotate it. I should probably get some more glass sometime.

I might go to best buy and play with a D5200 today.

I honestly have been out of the game pretty hardcore. But I do know that my next camera will be a nikon aw1.

You can always buy my Canon 60D. Heh.
Thanks, but I'm not a Canon guy.

muhhhh forgot i have to buy a sleeping bag for rocktoberfest. another 75 doll hairs. argh.

Uh, nope
I might have to
Just buy some
I am more likely to do this
He traded me a Rockcrusher diff cover for the 60 in the Nova :D
If I end up not getting link tabs from you, I want that back or to re-negotiate.
Ya, D7000 is discontinued and the D7100 body only is double the price of the D5200 body only. I know it will be better, but I can't justify that. The D7100 is 6 fps up to 100 shots, the D5200 says 5fps, doesn't say the max on the buffer. Anything will be better than 1fps up until a total of 6 pictures like my D40x.

I have the 18-55 that came with the body, your old 55-200 (which I also wish I had some extra zoom with, which I remember was the reason you got the 55-300), and a 10-24. I first thought of the body only, but my 18-55 is well used and has some wiggle, and sometimes the auto focus doesn't catch and rotate it. I should probably get some more glass sometime.

I might go to best buy and play with a D5200 today.
Factory refurbed D7k from amazon or B&H? Just a thought. D7k won't buffer 100 shots at full res... It's more like 20 at most if shooting raw + B. 100ish would probably be possible if shooting JPG's at lowest quality... but who the hell does that.

70-300 is my other lens... It's a completely different setup internally than the 55-300. If you're considering one I would recommend the 70-300, but it is a bit more dough. How do you like that 10-24? I want something wider... Right now my widest lens is 18mm and I'm bored with it. 18-105's are pretty common kit lenses with newer mid-grade bodies. 18-55's are slightly better optically, but in the middle of the range 18-105's are damn close, and much more useful as a walk-around lens. Good luck, let me know what you go with.

Shit got cleared up, things were so good I stayed and did a 15hr day, should easily clear 60hrs this week. Also talked to my manager on the culinary side and I'm set for next Thurs and Fri, he's basicly gonna tell my manager on the device side(I only work for her on Fridays) to go pound sand.
:thumbup:

Taco Bell took ****ing forever, from ordering my food till getting it I listened to all of Freebird, Simple Man and half of Sweet Home Alabama

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Second.

Back