• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

The only way around it is sadly to pull the pulley. I put that stupid ****ing bolt back in facing the other way every time I take one apart for exactly this reason.

I ****ing hate when engineers set something up like that when it goes together at the factory, with absolutely no consideration for the fact that it will have to come apart at some point.

Me too- and I am (or claim to be) on of them.

Also my gfs jeep carcass may be for sale minus a few things cheap. Like 200$ hp30 8.25 2 inch lift.
3esuvaqu.jpg

I'd buy it for $200

I ****ing hate when engineers set something up like that when it goes together at the factory, with absolutely no consideration for the fact that it will have to come apart at some point.
though when you have 30 seconds to bolt somethings together in a factor you could careless that a so called mechanic has to spend half a day taking it apart

Hey diesel ***s,

So our 97 international has a ford 7.4 turbo turd. It's always been slow as hell. Like too slow even for a lame engine on a heavy old truck. I barely can hear the turbo if that means anything, our other truck you can hear the turbo loud and clear. Anyway, on sunday I got bored and looked up some stuff on the interweb. A few things I tried were- checking the rubber boots I think they're called on all the turbo tube dudes. They all look old but I don't see any holes in them that I can tell. Then unplugged some sensor underneath the turbo, I think it has something to do with exhaust? Then drove it, and it made no difference. Then I unplugged what seams to be a MAP sensor, and drove it. Seems like it made a noticeable difference. Like it will rev up a bit quicker and rev higher than it ever did, like it drives like a truck should now.

I have no idea what that means. Like if the sensor is just bad or what. Or if the turbo should be making more cool turbo noises. As far as I can tell, as long as it's not spewing oil or making a bad noise it isn't bad so...

Anyways, I'm retarded and have no idea what I'm taking about. Sup?

Or is it a 7.3 or some shit? I totally forget.

I have no idea? Isn't the IDI a non turbo? Looking at wikipedia the powerstroke was made by international so I'm guessing it's a powerstroke. Unless they were both made by international and could have a turbo. So I don't know for sure. All I know is the guy that is driving it now says it's like twice the truck it was before. All I did was unplug the MAP.

Same here. Since we're probably going to be one of the few authorized service centers for these vehicles when we start building them... I mentioned in a meeting a while ago that we should build the whole thing as if we're going to be the ones fixing them. Everyone here is a gearhead of some sort, so I think it actually sank in, a few people have done their own heater cores / timing belts / transmission swaps etc.

Engineering for the production line and not thinking about repairability/manufacturability is a common flaw. Wouldn't believe the number of people who will do something like draw a square hole to be milled in the middle of an aluminum plate - just where are you gonna get a zero-radius end mill, dammit?

Same here. Since we're probably going to be one of the few authorized service centers for these vehicles when we start building them... I mentioned in a meeting a while ago that we should build the whole thing as if we're going to be the ones fixing them. Everyone here is a gearhead of some sort, so I think it actually sank in, a few people have done their own heater cores / timing belts / transmission swaps etc.

Engineering for the production line and not thinking about repairability/manufacturability is a common flaw. Wouldn't believe the number of people who will do something like draw a square hole to be milled in the middle of an aluminum plate - just where are you gonna get a zero-radius end mill, dammit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjckF0-VeGI

or a broach if you have to.

or wire EDM

or make it round :laugh3:

Or why are you using machining processes on a production-line piece of plate?

That's what punches and metalworkers are for. ;)

Truth. We hardly ever do production stuff. Mostly prototype git r dun kinda things. I forget about that other whole side of things.

I have no idea? Isn't the IDI a non turbo? Looking at wikipedia the powerstroke was made by international so I'm guessing it's a powerstroke. Unless they were both made by international and could have a turbo. So I don't know for sure. All I know is the guy that is driving it now says it's like twice the truck it was before. All I did was unplug the MAP.

IDI was the pre PS motor and were factory turbo for 2 years mines not a rocket but the trans is garbage and it could def use injectors IP and LP

Its going to be a dt444e, basically a power stroke in guttless international trim

Its going to be a dt444e, basically a power stroke in guttless international trim

Cool, it's showing up online as a t444e on the forums but I'm seeing people with similar problems. I've got some things to check now.

Back