• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

This message is for Colin:

BUCK UP BIG BOY!
Get it done. End of story. You have over 2 weeks!
Start sleep on Chris' schedule if you have to.

My passenger dropped out of NACfest, so I have a open seat if anyone needs one

i'm having a chris night. 3:40 am, damn it...

Scott Hatch said:
supazuk said:
Scott Hatch said:
There are only only 2 full trails right now; #10 Wayne's World Hard and #16 Gretchen's Hard to Extreme
at 1800 the only extreme trail that I could add to my cart was FPR
None of the extreme trails are full - the Gretchen Hard/Extreme trail is full
5spdxj said:
if that's the case, why does the online registration show most of the trails being "sold out" when you try to add the trail selection to your cart?? I know of multiple people who would have chosen different trails if what you're saying is true, along with at least one who at the moment is thinking he's entirely out of luck and will not be wheeling FC at all this year...
JayZR2 said:
Not sure why yet, but this the reason. It's showing 4 pending transactions for some trails. The weird part is it's always 4 and it's not on every trail. I have an email into the developed but I don't think he will be looking into it until Monday. For now I went and added 4 trails to the trails that had this issue.
tammylynn said:
And the nightmare begins. :|
Once this is sorted out I'll start a thread for people who didn't get what they wanted because they thought it was full. That will be the easiest way for me to make changes. I'll need your/the delegates help to get the names of your people for me. I'd recommend nobody else register until we can find out what is going on unless they're registering for a trail we know is not full and not having the issue.

Sorry for all the quotes but it's the easiest way to relay the message.

Anyone in UJ that's having issues or would like to change their trail, post up on UJ and I'll take care of it.

Will do, thanks a ton.

How the XXXX is it so hard to get some order cart software right? I think they hired an idiot.

U
I don't think my MJ will make nacfest.

Still have to do the whole TBI swap along with wiring, floors, seat and harness mounts, etc.

I could bring it down with the carb but that would be gay

Lets be carburetor buddies. Im gonna be cuttin it close. I probably have as much work as you to do. My bed isnt done and just ran out of sheilding gas. Cant Get Any til monday ortuesday.

Hate my Jeep.

Just got home from RCQ.

Left here Thursday morning at 2:30 AM cuz I couldn't sleep, got there at 5 AM, had a few beers and slept in the parking lot til 7:30, then joined Wayne for a day of shock tuning until 9:30 PM when we couldn't see anymore. Between Monday and Thursday I think he and I did over 40 shocks.

Had a guy with a twin-turbo LQ9 roll from overdriving 100 yards into the test loop, that was cool. Shattered an aluminum lower link upon landing and took out both front shocks, transmission, atlas support, tire, wheel, and a few other things.

Highlight was Tim Smoluk/Liquid Iron's new buggy (the rig I was also pitting for). They got to the test loop around 5 PM on Thursday, and the ride from the parking lot to the loop was the furthest the car had ever been driven. And it rode like absolute dogshit. We watched it do two passes, and then given the diminishing daylight situation, Wayne and I made the decision to just pull all 4 shocks at once and do a slightly more aggressive version of the valving we'd been doing in most of these rigs since Tim drives the balls off anything he gets behind the wheel of.

Did that, swapped out lower springs in the front, cranked up the preload, and sent him back on course...holy fawk. It took Tim 3 laps to realize he didn't have to brake or lift before some of the nasty stuff and by lap 4 he was hitting 45 MPH across 2-foot-deep washouts. And the car still had more left. We called it a night at that point. :D

He went on the next day to run a flawless prerun lap, and in lieu of qualifying we opted to pull the buggy into the trailer to avoid the incoming monsoon and go over everything. Nut & bolt wise, there wasn't a damn thing to work on. We cleaned up some wiring and messed around with a belt alignment issue but that's it.

Saturday he started 24th and ended up 6th overall, with the only pit work being a fuel stop and one tire change. He was on pace for 3rd until a throttle cable issue cost 20 minutes to figure out. Other than that, zero issues with the buggy and it'll be racing at Line Mountain next weekend. Very, very impressive for a brand-new rig with absolutely zero shakedown time.

So he's headed to the Hammers...and there's enough space in that trailer to fit a small modified-class rig as well. :D

I have a completely new outlook on shocks now though. Very enlightening weekend for sure. I'm newly inspired to get my shit finished so I can start messing with shocks again.

And Colin. Jesus XXXX. GSD and get your bitch ass and shitbox rig to NACfest, even if it's carbureted. Don't make me tell you again.

Oh. And Ken, Macguyvr sends his regards. Apparently you made quite the impression within the MWC with the work you accomplished in the parking lot. :laugh:

I built the lamest, most overplayed bumper in the offroad scene :thumbup:

Oh. And Ken, Macguyvr sends his regards. Apparently you made quite the impression within the MWC with the work you accomplished in the parking lot. :laugh:

:roflmao:

That's pretty funny. All I did was procrastinate and get snowed on before leaving, then bring my "fab shop" with me and finish in the campground. Nothing special, just did what I had to :dunce:

Dumb suspension questions inbound. Front only (3link, 60), rear is staying SUA/in the 1960s.

Pretend I am made of money, but don't want to spend any of it.

Coilovers or airshocks? Foa or king?

I don't know my expected ride height yet but am trying to figure out what to budget for and what is better for what I do, which is bashing into/over rocks, ignoring spotter(s), and going as fast as I can, which is 25-30 on dumb access roads right now, things get too uncontrollable if I go faster than that due to a combination of shortarms, crummy shocks, and axle wrap.

I will probably be staying on regular coils for a while yet but its gonna be annoying to reattach my stock inner fenders and coil towers to the new frame.

Last edited:

Do leaf springs up front because they ride like shit and you love it when shit sucks.

U

Lets be carburetor buddies. Im gonna be cuttin it close. I probably have as much work as you to do. My bed isnt done and just ran out of sheilding gas. Cant Get Any til monday ortuesday.

Deal. I'm gonna hold off on the TBI stuff until after.

I'm gonna take one of the holleys we have and do a few things to make it a bit better offroad.

I might be fuel injected. Once the body and everything is done and she drives down the road fine im gonna bring it to work, and leave it there to work on. After work every day.

tammylynn said:
As of this evening these are the openings:
Trail 1- 10 spots
Trail 2- 10 spots
Trail 3- 3 spots
Trail 4 Carnage- 4 spots
Trail 5 Frost Homestead- 9 spots
Trail 6 Carnage- 7 spots
Trail 7 WW- Closed
Trail 8 Swanzey- 7 spots
Trail 9 MM- 7 spots
Trail 10 WW- 1 spot (NOT CLOSED YET)
Trail 11 Gretchen's- 4 spots
Trail 12 Swanzey- 5 spots
Trail 13 WW- 3 spots
Trail 14 WW- CLOSED
Trail 15 FPR- 9 spots
Trail 16 Gretchen's- CLOSED
Trail 17 Gretchen's- 2 spots
Trail 18 Swanzey- 8 spots

Do leaf springs up front because they ride like shit and you love it when shit sucks.
minor correction. I have something that rides like shit already, but it keeps me wheeling, and I love it when I can go wheeling party1:

I am asking these dumb questions for my long-term "Ken asks dumb questions, buys lots of parts, and doesn't do a damn thing with them" rebuild project that may or may not happen. Until I'm ready I will continue collecting parts for it and continue to bodge my jeep together just well enough to keep wheeling on the premise that none of that routine maintenance shit matters anyways because all those parts are getting torn out in "6 months".

I might be fuel injected. Once the body and everything is done and she drives down the road fine im gonna bring it to work, and leave it there to work on. After work every day.

Way to back out. WTF.

I'm gonna add a spring loaded needle and seat, connect the vents, and set the float level and hope for the best.

Back