• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

i say keep ypur jeep as is, and add alloy shafts and HD steering if ya aint got that yet, come spring your gonna love the ltb's
X2. I don't think I tell people this enough. Stay smaller... you'll wheel more.
hahaha

i was surprised you didn't comment on the 39s on 60s with a triangulated 4 link rear... i'd probably get some sort of interco tire though, not pitbulls.
I was going to, but couldn't think of anything witty. :D
What's wrong with my PitBulls? (besides the fact I have not run them yet) :laugh:

hahaha

i was surprised you didn't comment on the 39s on 60s with a triangulated 4 link rear... i'd probably get some sort of interco tire though, not pitbulls.

Thornbirds

What's wrong with my PitBulls? (besides the fact I have not run them yet) :laugh:

you said it. not me :spin1:

i say keep ypur jeep as is, and add alloy shafts and HD steering if ya aint got that yet, come spring your gonna love the ltb's

oh you weren't familiar with my newest plans? hehe... WJ knuckle (and brake) swap, the same steering and likely similar trac bar that colin has, i already have ZJ discs to go on in the rear, i ordered ruffstuff unibody stiffeners, and i'm going to get the TMR stiffeners for the front... i want a belly pan too. after i do all this, the only things that will be weak points (hopefully) will be axle shafts and driveshafts. and then, yes, alloys would be the solution. my goal is to be able to beat it and drive 75mph home on the highway with nothing wrong.

Thornbirds
i was leaning towards 40" LTBs...

WJ knuckle (and brake) swap, the same steering and likely similar trac bar that colin has,

I can't take all the credit.

Adam did most of the research, I really only researched the OTK part (RHD TRE and goferit spacers), though I know a lot about it now.

Well...the trac bar setup was all mine :D

you said it. not me :spin1:

oh you weren't familiar with my newest plans? hehe... WJ knuckle (and brake) swap, the same steering and likely similar trac bar that colin has, i already have ZJ discs to go on in the rear, i ordered ruffstuff unibody stiffeners, and i'm going to get the TMR stiffeners for the front... i want a belly pan too. after i do all this, the only things that will be weak points (hopefully) will be axle shafts and driveshafts. and then, yes, alloys would be the solution. my goal is to be able to beat it and drive 75mph home on the highway with nothing wrong.

i was leaning towards 40" LTBs...

i cant imagine you breakin axle shafts aslong as your smart with the gas pedal

I can't take all the credit.

Adam did most of the research, I really only researched the OTK part (RHD TRE and goferit spacers), though I know a lot about it now.

Well...the trac bar setup was all mine :D

Thanks dude! WJ FTW!

i cant imagine you breakin axle shafts aslong as your smart with the gas pedal
smart with it? is that like being smart to your parents? cuz if so, i'll be breaking shafts all of the time hehe

for some reason i forgot adam had this too. oops, my bad. i am still not sure what i want to do for the trac bar though... how bad of an idea is putting a heim in double shear?

smart with it? is that like being smart to your parents? cuz if so, i'll be breaking shafts all of the time hehe

for some reason i forgot adam had this too. oops, my bad. i am still not sure what i want to do for the trac bar though... how bad of an idea is putting a heim in double shear?

Haha I was just trying to give credit where it's due, no problem.

I can't imagine a heim in double shear is any worse than any other joint as long as it's beefy enough?

how bad of an idea is putting a heim in double shear?
Not bad at all assuming that the heim is sized large enough.
Or just do something like Mark did and like I'm doing, small flex joint at both ends. It has been debated over and over what is "better", I just think it comes down to opinion.

seems the way you wheel youre not stupid with the gas like some of us, and as far a hiems, rock krawler uses a hiem on the track bar in double sheer, even though i think theres is a little small

that's a good point about me and the skinny pedal. i use it when appropriate... i try not to when it's not.

i was thinking of using the heim joint and lower bushing from my RE trac bar and then cutting, plugging, and sleeving the cut up trac bar. but then again, i could probably leave the heim as it is... though a real mount would be nice...

next question: if i heat the RE bar with oxy acetylene to reshape it, is that going to weaken it a ton? from the classes i've taken, i don't imagine it will, because i wouldn't anticipate that a trac bar is anything more than formed DOM...

DSC02841.jpg

Mark, this is what you need. Also, it is what I strive for...

What is, the massive tires, or the body damage?

so, i parked up a snowbank at school the other day, and just kinda did it for my own laughs, but apparently some people (who i don't know) took a picture and put it on facebook, then an acquaintance of mine saw it and tagged me.... please excuse the mall terrains.

n9119700_39391370_3809.jpg

Last edited:

I parked like that one time in high school, my friends told me that the tires sank and I was resting on my frame. They had me going there for a while.

gotta keep busy somehow. lord knows it won't be with classes this semester hehe

that's a good point about me and the skinny pedal. i use it when appropriate... i try not to when it's not.

i was thinking of using the heim joint and lower bushing from my RE trac bar and then cutting, plugging, and sleeving the cut up trac bar. but then again, i could probably leave the heim as it is... though a real mount would be nice...

next question: if i heat the RE bar with oxy acetylene to reshape it, is that going to weaken it a ton? from the classes i've taken, i don't imagine it will, because i wouldn't anticipate that a trac bar is anything more than formed DOM...

if its near the heim be carefull with the heat, my heim was all shitty and used heat to get it to move to adjust it, melted the nylon bushing in the heim. i needed a new track bar anyways.

if its near the heim be carefull with the heat, my heim was all shitty and used heat to get it to move to adjust it, melted the nylon bushing in the heim. i needed a new track bar anyways.

good point. thanks.

so i've started looking at apartments and places to live down there. i'm real tempted to rent an entire house in the middle of no where, but the first one in fall river looks like a good deal too...

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/apa/977537224.html

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/apa/1006911878.html

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/apa/1000590820.html

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/apa/994121895.html

in my search, i included garage haha... no way in hell i'm getting a place without a garage.

me and my other frined at my school with a lifted xj park on snow banks like that every day in our own corner of the parking lot that not one else will park near lol its great the looks we get from all the parents dropping there kids off at the elementry school across the street

Back