• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The MiXJ

I'd probably narrow the front to waggy width, seems the most logical.

I'll take some measurements when I get mine in next week :thumbup:

let me know if your still gonna sell the 30 lockrite so i can budget it in

Thanks for the hijack Robbb. :laugh3:

Thanks for the hijack Robbb. :laugh3:
In Rob's defence, you are the Queen of thread hijacks Travis. :D

Also, as Ross and I mentioned, nothing is saying you have to stick with the same make/model shafts sides to side. What worked for Colin might not be the best for you (unless you want to steal his spares on the trail). Start digging in charts and taking some notes.

I'm diggin alright :) And yes, I know I'm the, uh, "Queen" (I'm flattered!) of hijacks, hence the :laugh3: haha

OK. So, there has been some progress made over the past week and a half or so... I got rid of the wedges and trackbar mount, and ground down the welds to the axle tubes, flap disc/wire wheeled the entire housing, and tore it down completely from the axle shafts-out. I decided to leave the 44 at ~65" WMS and not to turn the knuckles after concluding that A) with my plan to run in the range of 4.5" to 5.5" of lift, with 6* caster, on the HP axle my pinion angle isn't too bad at all, and B) I'd probably be likely to do more damage than good by messing with them :gee: Since I'm not exactly the best of welders, my good friend Scott helped me get started on burning on the coil buckets/LCA brackets last night. I'll be ordering my Reid Racing knuckles this week, and thought it best to wait on those to show up so I can mock up some steering before dealing with the UCA bracket and axle side panhard bracket.

I also got started on the Exploder backing plates for the rear disc setup, opened up the mounting holes and got them to fit up nicely. I still need to drill the ZJ rotors for a 5 on 5.5 pattern, but otherwise all I need to get that back together is pads and soft lines.

Finally, I got rid of the god-awful blocks in the rear, and have the stock shackles out, ready to be replaced with some RE ones, just need to get new hardware and then that will be back together as well.

Now for some pictures :)

damn wedges...

IMG_0032-1.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Smoooooth tubes :D

IMG_0022.jpg

Only have one pic of starting the teardown...

IMG_0035-1.jpg

I'm just realizing I didn't snap any pictures of it all wire wheeled and pretty :( haha, oh well. too busy making progress I suppose :thumbup:

Coil buckets/LCA's burned in at 6* caster with a quick coat of paint to ward off the rust

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

backing plates fit nicely.

0427091544.jpg

So, it was nice to finally be able to post some progress!! Took long enough, that's for sure. Should have more pictures soon enough of other things, so stay tuned :roll: Also, comments/suggestions/constructive criticism are very welcomed, I'm new to this whole fab-to-fit world, and it's quite the learning curve. I'd be happy to see what everyone thinks so far...

tomorrow? ;) I wish... ASAP though, that's for sure

looks good travis... do some preheat and burn the tubes to the pumpkin. can't hurt while you're there. i wish i did it on my 8.25..

Yep, I was thinking of that also. Might even pull the rear 44 and do those tubes as well, I mean it's all unbolted right now anyway minus the brakeline, and that's not a big deal seeing as they'll need to get re-bled once the discs actually go on...Maybe I should try and find some steel in the shed/tent and make a truss or two. I might be getting ahead of myself now. lol

eh it would be minimal extra effort to do that. half a day at most. couldn't hurt.

Back