• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by WF Oh-Ten" thread

Front axle seal is leaking
Front inner hub bearings make noise with the hubs locked
Oil pressure gauge still doesn't work right from the swap
Weld frame stiffeners in
Swap my OT gas tank skid in
Move the rear axle back to the last hole on the perches
Install the remote box for my CB, swap the 3 foot antenna and tune
Swap battery cables and ANL fuse box in
Swap yellow top in
Move TMax winch from AJ's bumper to Detours bumper
Install lower door bars and tube from the top to the C-pillar
Shorten the draglink and get an alignment
Weld in front swaybar mounts
Swap Durango steering box in
Replace rear shackles with something shorter
Install front limit straps and bumpstops

Man, the list got longer when I got home and walked around the Jeep for the first time in 6 months. I need to get to work.

Draglink is done. Took 1/2" out of it, got the steering wheel centered and the trackbar put back to the right length. I'm still up against it with the rod ends, but I think it will be ok. Turns a lot better now. I need to get it on an alignment machine and check the numbers. I have very little return to center.

Shackle boxes are sitting in the living room. Going to take off the boomerang shackles and use the RE ones on the '91.

Tomorrow the front hubs come apart for grease and servicing and I'm going to get the axle moved back. It's nice working in a clean garage for a change.

Heres a list I WANT to do before the WF

-Spare tire on a correct backspaced rim
-get rid of the D35 for a 8.25 OR Ford 8.8
-get doors back on it
-fix the battery parasitic draw
-install a cheap cb
-hood pins
-snorkel made into the cowl
-remove and discard the rear seats
-raise the gas tank and build a sort of a spare tire holder on top of that along small boxes made on the sides if there's any room to allow
-make a orgazation in place where the rear seat originally went for my tools, spare driveshafts, axle shafts, cooler, etc etc
-redo the rock sliders for cage
-OBA using the A/C compressor
-redo the front bumper for the cage
-build a cage!

so far in the progress..

-a 8.25 should be coming in in near future
-hood pins kit purchased
-one side of the rock sliders is in the progress
-i have my hand on a set of doors, but dont have them yet, hopefully soon

needs more tubes and right diesets for the bender for the tubes then i can actually make some good progress

Last edited:
my main goals to get done before wf.

fix all the tranny problems, change all fluids.
buy 4.88 gears, and an aussie for the rear.
find a way to secure my 33" spare somewhere, be it rear tire carrier/ roof rack/ or somehow secure it in the trunk.
if i get lucky and find some at a cheaper price, install sliders and a gas tank skid.

the thing im most excited about though, my girlfriend said she would go half and half with me on a roof top tent for the xj :D

Will be ordering 4.88's for the heep and installing the 8.8 in the next few weeks. As usuall waiting until the last minute to do anything...haha It will proabably come down to the night before until everything gets done...lol

i got my t-case drop and skid plate on over the weekend, thanks to the weekend wheelers group (philagony94x and beez1989)

now i want to trim my fenders and throw my hood pins on

i got my t-case drop and skid plate on over the weekend, thanks to the weekend wheelers group (philagony94x and beez1989)

now i want to trim my fenders and throw my hood pins on

Glad everything went well and no "major" issues. I guess having a handy dandy camera scope helps out huh? :D Hey, and any excuse to get out the grinder to do some fender trimming, I'm game! Muah ha ha ha ha.....

I found out last year: make your WF to-do list, cut it in half, then cut it in half again because there's just not enough time to get it all done. :(

Spent the past month or so pulling everything off the motor to put on new heads (old ones overheated and warped), change gaskets, new radiator, etc. Everything is done now but the exhaust. So...
- load Jeep on trailer, go to exhaust shop for exhaust fab work
- change transmission pan gasket and filter
- swap NP249 out for NP231 w/ SYE, hope I don't botch that up
- put in order to RC for lift kit (was going to use junkyard springs and hack it together but time is running out) and wait for it to arrive
- break bolts, curse, drink beer, regain composure, install lift

My only optional to-do is throwing a locker in the crap Dana 35. An 8.8 was on the original list, but see my note about cutting the list in half twice :D

Addendum: based on my 1 year of WF experience, the only thing I *NEED* to do is buy a few cases of beer, some frozen turkeys, show up, and find an open seat!

I found out last year: make your WF to-do list, cut it in half, then cut it in half again because there's just not enough time to get it all done. :(

Spent the past month or so pulling everything off the motor to put on new heads (old ones overheated and warped), change gaskets, new radiator, etc. Everything is done now but the exhaust. So...
- load Jeep on trailer, go to exhaust shop for exhaust fab work
- change transmission pan gasket and filter
- swap NP249 out for NP231 w/ SYE, hope I don't botch that up
- put in order to RC for lift kit (was going to use junkyard springs and hack it together but time is running out) and wait for it to arrive
- break bolts, curse, drink beer, regain composure, install lift

My only optional to-do is throwing a locker in the crap Dana 35. An 8.8 was on the original list, but see my note about cutting the list in half twice :D

Addendum: based on my 1 year of WF experience, the only thing I *NEED* to do is buy a few cases of beer, some frozen turkeys, show up, and find an open seat!

your really going to lock the d35?? :explosion

Will be ordering 4.88's for the heep and installing the 8.8 in the next few weeks. As usuall waiting until the last minute to do anything...haha It will proabably come down to the night before until everything gets done...lol

don't even speak of such things...

lets get it done sooner please :)

mac 'hates working until the last minute for a trip' gyvr

got a new front bumper set up which can take a winch (89 eliminators old bumper) now i need to get a winch. I still want to lift it a bit more and get sliders on it.

I ahve not touched mine in 3 months but I do have everything I need to fix it from last tie out......

I ahve not touched mine in 3 months but I do have everything I need to fix it from last tie out......

Mine is still sitting right were it got park from the last trip in November, but unlike you I have to order everything still...lol

your really going to lock the d35?? :explosion

Everyone I know is excited to see me snap a C-clip axle shaft and lose a tire. V8 power and a locked 35, what can go wrong?

Really though, I am aware that it's not the greatest idea, but I'll only have 31s on it, I found a used locker for cheap, and that axle won't be under there much longer anyway.

I'm almost considering not lifting it and leaving the street tires on it, but locking it front and rear and seeing what I can get over.

Everyone I know is excited to see me snap a C-clip axle shaft and lose a tire. V8 power and a locked 35, what can go wrong?

Really though, I am aware that it's not the greatest idea, but I'll only have 31s on it, I found a used locker for cheap, and that axle won't be under there much longer anyway.

I'm almost considering not lifting it and leaving the street tires on it, but locking it front and rear and seeing what I can get over.

D35 shafts are a dime a dozen anyways. I think I've still got a set in the garage.

Back