• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The great longarm debate

tnt out here in the middle of the ocean..worth every penny..including the 500 clams to ship it out here..great people to deal with(did i just give a good feed back..to much ebay ) lol

JNickel101 said:
Pretty sure claytons is a radius setup, not a 4 link...

Yep, 2 attach points for the lowers at the crossmember/frame, the uppers split off of the lowers about 2/3 of the way towards the diff. I like mine a lot, zero issues both on and off road and rides and handles well.

53guy said:
The upper arm doesn't need to be that high up. You can mount it inline with the floorpan.

so if upper arm is mounted low as in line with floor pan, how do you get good articulation? It would seem upper long arm travel would be limited by floor pan on upward suspension travel. any one have any pics disproveing this .

cal said:
If i were to go with a boxed longarm kit right now, it would be TNT.

Yes you have to pull the crossmember to work on your transfercase. Currently, I find i pull my crossmember a hell of a lot more often than I have to pull my transfer case or upper ends of my driveshafts. It dominates in every other way that I have seen.
Claytons all the way hands down. and the TNT you have to support the whole rig off of its suspension to get anything off of it when pulling the skid..... not with the claytons............ love it would do it again and again and again and again (you get the point)

spunebil said:
so if upper arm is mounted low as in line with floor pan, how do you get good articulation? It would seem upper long arm travel would be limited by floor pan on upward suspension travel. any one have any pics disproveing this .

full traction is a 4 link and has the uppers below the floor pan, had pictures at one point, but don't now. Do a search for some full traction stuff.

Back