• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Frog Blog

Looking good Kelly. Good to see this thing back on its legs.

Despite the hate I will receive, I went with the RE upgrade kit.

You bought what again? I cant believe you got that one. Gees .....what were you thinking? :doh:

Hey Kelly, someone had to do it. I love RE stuff I have never heard anything bad about them.

Woaaahh I want an autograph!!
I'll have to check it out.. as always rig lookin sexy mate!

Ha ha thanks. BTW, I started the long arm install and should have that done by the weekend. Had to get more disks for the cutoff wheel. Those lower control arm mounts are a bitch without the right tools. I'd give your left nut for a plasma cutter.

I had access to a plasma to cut my LCA mounts off, and they still look like shit. But, definitely easier to do than with an angle grinder.

After about 20 hours of drilling, cutting, and grinding, I got the long arm kit installed. If the jeep was on a lift the job would take about 4 hours max. The install went fairly well, despite some funky tranny mount hardware and questionable directions. I'll take it in for an alignment next week after I figure out my rear pinion angle and shock installation. That's a story for another day.

I might add an RE drop pitman arm if the steering feels odd. Glad this is done.

Way to go Kelly you have moved the FROG up and I didn't think you could improve your rig.

After about 20 hours of drilling, cutting, and grinding, I got the long arm kit installed. If the jeep was on a lift the job would take about 4 hours max. The install went fairly well, despite some funky tranny mount hardware and questionable directions. I'll take it in for an alignment next week after I figure out my rear pinion angle and shock installation. That's a story for another day.

I might add an RE drop pitman arm if the steering feels odd. Glad this is done.
If you did not change your steering, and your angles for drag link and trackbar are on par, then no reason for a drop pitman.

This is a test of Photo Bucket. Photos keep dropping off my site.

20150117_123524_zpsto8ypz97.jpg

If you have any questions I run the same shizzz

Thanks, man. I would like to know if you put your control arm zerks (at the skid) up or down. Directions say to put them down, but I expect them to be yanked off the first time I flex.

Also, what measurement did you end up with for your lower arms?

Back