• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Frog Blog

Man I need to come wheel around your neck of the woods sometime. That just looks like a blast. That's the Go-Ferit tie rod flip insert right? I am hoping to add one of those to my Currie steering soon. Notice any big changes in steering response on top of the knuckle versus under it?

Random question, but where do you keep your spare tire?

Last edited:
hey Kelly, the Frog is looking good still! i wish I would have upgraded the sliders on the kids jeep before taking it out.. So much for keeping it clean..

Man I need to come wheel around your neck of the woods sometime. That just looks like a blast. That's the Go-Ferit tie rod flip insert right? I am hoping to add one of those to my Currie steering soon. Notice any big changes in steering response on top of the knuckle versus under it?

Random question, but where do you keep your spare tire?

I bought throw tie rod taper on Amazon. Essentially the same as the gofer it spacer. I have had no real difference in steering but I had to modify my driver's side sway bar bracket to regain full steering. I keep my spare in the cargo area. 33" fits fine with seat folded up.

4WheelParts are freaking morons. I've had four separate part orders with them that they have found a way to screw up. Orders for control arm bushings (2 sets), shocks, and leaf shackle bushings were all goofed up and left me hanging for an extra week until the right sh*t arrived. I was hoping to have my worn out RE bushings swapped out before next week's Poker Run on the Rubicon, but that won't happen. Maybe they'll be ready for Sierra Fest. F*ckhead asshats.

4WheelParts are freaking morons. I've had four separate part orders with them that they have found a way to screw up. Orders for control arm bushings (2 sets), shocks, and leaf shackle bushings were all goofed up and left me hanging for an extra week until the right sh*t arrived. I was hoping to have my worn out RE bushings swapped out before next week's Poker Run on the Rubicon, but that won't happen. Maybe they'll be ready for Sierra Fest. F*ckhead asshats.

This is why I don't buy very much from 4 Wheel Parts!

Go Through Central 4wd. Ask for TY. Always good customer service and good prices.

I'm finally getting around to posting a few pics from the Poker Run over Father's Day weekend. We drove up on a Thursday and spent a week in NorCal. Wheeled the Rubicon a bit on Friday and Saturday morning, then did Prairie City with the kid on Monday.

I also had fun with the Axial Wraith...

IMG_4665_zpsff1abf60.jpg

IMG_4654_zpsfafc4fa8.jpg

IMG_4666_zps3131674f.jpg

Even Piper had fun.

IMG_4667_zpsa91c6d69.jpg

IMG_4669_zps5293ec1b.jpg

Early Saturday morning on the Poker Run is always fun.

IMG_4674_zpsd034203c.jpg

IMG_4682_zps089a42b4.jpg

IMG_4685_zps53659ccf.jpg

IMG_4688_zps3589c42f.jpg

IMG_4695_zps72f4492b.jpg

IMG_4696_zps8f33c552.jpg

The XJ performed flawlessly and I took every hard line I could find. The Jeep impressed many that day.

IMG_4699_zpscd6c8743.jpg

IMG_4701_zps46f408c5.jpg

Hooked up and ready to roll back to Rocklin for a few days...

IMG_4714_zps023577a7.jpg

Last edited:
I met up with the kid on Monday, right after the weekend on the Rubicon. I have not seen him since Christmas so we wanted to do some wheeling like the old days. Prairie City was close and a great time. His Green Machine is still looking great.

IMG_4715_zpsb5f821f0.jpg

IMG_4721_zps785890d1.jpg

IMG_4725_zpsa3577043.jpg

IMG_4729_zps3671c099.jpg

IMG_4732_zps0789074b.jpg

IMG_4740_zps72600312.jpg

My wife grabbed my keys....I think she's hooked.

IMG_4745_zpsf9e8445e.jpg

IMG_4747_zps689f1556.jpg

This is her first time on the pyramid. She did great. (I was hoping she'd break something so I could do an upgrade).

IMG_4748_zpsf5d2c21d.jpg

IMG_4751_zps7f12bacb.jpg

IMG_4761_zps862fb83e.jpg

Nothing's better than a day at the park with your kid.

IMG_4763_zpsbd02e6fc.jpg

IMG_4764_zpsdd09188e.jpg

IMG_4717_zps6dc58e55.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, fun times at the park and on the trail. Wish I could've made it to the Poker Run also, though. Here's a few more pics from the Prairie City trip:

Nice! Thanks for sharing

I particularly like the steep hill at PC where you get to climb the nearly vertical wall (photo 3 above). I broke a shock on that same hill last year after rolling back down hard. Front and rear lockers and long wheelbase makes short work of it, and coming down is even more fun. The fun part was doing it in front of the blue TJ, who wouldn't come close to trying it. That's how I get my amusement.

^^^ haha. I like that hill too. Nice pictures. Both rigs are looking great.

how do you like the rocker protection? i need something for my jeep, and yours seem to be holding up great!

Rocker protection is from AJ's Offroad. Not sure he's still building parts, but this is my second set of the same on the second Jeep and both held up well. For a similar design, try JCR Offroad. There's a few other options out there, so have fun shopping.

You definitely want something that bolts to the unit body and pinch seam. AJ's has one extra bolt that mounts to the rear spring hangar, which seems to be a nice idea. You'll find options for a rail directly under the rocker panel, and extended bars that provide a step for gaining access to the roof rack. I like the side steps because I have used the rock sliders to actually pivot around rocks without causing damage to the lower portion of the Jeep. If you go this route, make sure the extended step rail is mounted to the rocker rail by at least three points. There's good shots of AJ's rockers on page 1 and 2 of this Frog Blog.

Last edited:
Rocker protection is from AJ's Offroad. Not sure he's still building parts, but this is my second set of the same on the second Jeep and both held up well. For a similar design, try JCR Offroad. There's a few other options out there, so have fun shopping.

You definitely want something that bolts to the unit body and pinch seam. AJ's has one extra bolt that mounts to the rear spring hangar, which seems to be a nice idea. You'll find options for a rail directly under the rocker panel, and extended bars that provide a step for gaining access to the roof rack. I like the side steps because I have used the rock sliders to actually pivot around rocks without causing damage to the lower portion of the Jeep. If you go this route, make sure the extended step rail is mounted to the rocker rail by at least three points. There's good shots of AJ's rockers on page 1 and 2 of this Frog Blog.
Thanks buddy, I actually re read this whole thread last night as well as Jeep450r's thread because both of your jeeps are the inspiration for me.

Thanks buddy, I actually re read this whole thread last night as well as Jeep450r's thread because both of your jeeps are the inspiration for me.

Oh dude, you need to buy a book ha ha ha.

Jeep450r has a nice rig and is a real build. I'm mostly stock with some armor. I'd love to build up stronger axles and larger tires, but not on this rig.

Last edited:
Back