• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Colorado Rant/Vent thread

Troy, sorry about your friend. It sucks when people commit suicide over meaningless things. In high school I had 3 friends commit suicide. One teacher, and two students. One of which commited suicide because the other commited suicide the year prior.

Troy, that sucks about your friend, condolences. I've had a couple of friends off themselves, and the funerals are about as depressing as it gets. One part of you wants to remember them and the good times, one part wants to mourn their passing, and another can't get over how pissed you are at someone for taking their own life, running from their problems, and denying the people that love them the opportunity to keep sharing their lives. Just plain sucks, no matter what the triggering event might be.

My sympathies Troy.

Sorry about your friend Troy.

Troy, FB, in spite of all of their other problems, really isn't the problem in this case. The problem is society, and lack of personal responsibility and/or personal accountability. It's very easy to spout crap from behind a blind screen that wouldn't get said face to face.

X3 I believe this is where the root of the problem lies! Sorry to hear about your friend Troy!

FB is just like any forum. you have good people and bad.
sorry about your friend..... i just dont see how people take it so far.
there is a delete account button. there is an un-friend button.
i dont see how people get so upset over FB that they commit suicide.
if you cant handle criticism and harsh words, you probably should not be on the internet period.
you have the power to talk to and be friends with who you want.
if you are going to say phuck facebook, you may as well say phuck the internet all around.

just sayin....
this is nothing against your friend troy!
im just saying, if you dont want to deal with s**t like that, you have the power not to.
committing suicide just shows weakness and more than likely deeper problems that have nothing to do with the internet.
every one blames facebook for their problems in stead of blaming the real cause of their problems.

Sorry for your loss Troy.

Cody, you do know that social networking makes up a small amount of the traffic on the Internet, and saying if you don't like the social networking sites you should get off the Internet is like saying if you don't like driving on dirt roads you should stay off all the roads and not drive anymore.

Cody, you do know that social networking makes up a small amount of the traffic on the Internet, and saying if you don't like the social networking sites you should get off the Internet is like saying if you don't like driving on dirt roads you should stay off all the roads and not drive anymore.

I think you missed the point Cody was trying to make. Some people are over sensitive to criticism and should avoid the problem the runs rampid on the internet. Just sayin..... :D

no doubt. my point was is there are going to be ass hats everywhere on the internet.
just sayin.
i do feel bad for troys friend. and honestly i agree with what troy said. i HATE internet s**t talkers/ e-bullies... i just see life in a different view. i would never even think of killing myself over what was said on the internet.
or in life for that matter.
i DO care about what people think, but there is a point where you have to realize... there are very few good people in this world. why care about what people think or say about you? all that really matters is what you truly think of yourself.

i have a ton of respect for pretty much all NAXJA members that i have talked to or met.
thats a rare find for me!

just sayin.... lifes to short to care about stupid s**t that gets said on the internet. be it a forum/FB/etc.

trust me. ive lost a lot of people in my life. im only 22.
i have almost taken my own life 3 times.
thankfully i had my REAL friends to stop me...

i used to hate life everyday.. i have some issues in my head that wanted me to be with my dad in heaven. i got to the point where seeing my dad die everytime i closed my eyes. trust me! i have had the urge to kill myself.
but never over dumb internet s**t.

since then i have started to realize exactly what life is worth.

sorry for the rant. this is all just my opinion because i have been through more than alot of people that have lived a full life. and even then, you have to say something pretty F'd up to piss me off and it to come to that point!

im not the type of person that talks s**t on the internet.
if you talk s**t to me on the internet, you better believe we will be meeting up to take care of the issue fist to face!

Last edited:
I think you're missing my point Cody. This wasn't just shit talking on the internet by annonymous random idiots........ You know as well as the rest of the Facebook users..... you gotta invite/accept people to be able to post to your Facebook page.

Many of those idiots that posted in my friend's Facebook page were people he considered friends. I was really ashamed at the kinds of things I saw posted. Sick, hurtful, intentional things..... all said out of complete ignorance. Lots of bandwagon-jumping. Total guilt before trial kind of thing......

Not one person said anything remotely like "Well that was dumb and you'll probably pay for it one way or another....... but let's get you back on track." I suppose the irony of this is that had I been active with Facebook...... maybe I'd have seen this going on and could have been that person.........

I've taken the time to personally contact several of those asshats and deliver the news that they had taken part in the emotional destruction and pulse termination of someone who considered them a friend.

Sensless.

i see your point Troy.
but that is just it. he added them as a friend, its just as easy to remove them as it is to add them.

i dont know the whole situation, everyone is different.
i just see it as if you added someone to be your friend and they start talking s**t, its very easy to click the un-friend button. problem solved.

i do see your point though. ass hats take it too far and dont think before they speak.
it sucks that no one stopped the ass hatness, i really do wish he had the power to over see the stupid people that were saying things.

trust me, i know all about people that dont know whats going on opening there mouth on FB when they have no right to.
these people get booted/unfriended/told to kick rocks, out of my life!
im not going to waste my little bit of time on this earth fighting over facebook and some stupid people.

again i am truly sorry for your friend Troy.
i just hope one day people will realize they have the power to control who and who is not in their life being FB or in real life.

EDIT- Thumbs Up on contacting the idiots that were a part of it! maybe they will think twice before doing it again.... hopefully...

Last edited:
Time for a rant of my own...

I had never been to Holy Cross before this weekend, but I knew the rumors... BE PREPARED TO WAIT A LONG TIME AT THE CREEK IF YOU HIT THE TRAIL LATE! Everyone I know that has run this trail, has said the same thing. The weekends are a busy time, and this is a popular trail. Obviously some people don't know this.

As we were up there Saturday, we hit the trail at 10am sharp. Some how there was only a group of Sami's in front of us which surprised me seeing how I had seen posts all over the internet of about 4 or 5 groups that were gonna be up there. Seeing that this was the first time for this trail for pretty much everyone in our group, we had a rought time at French creek. Yes, we clogged up the creek for awhile, but ya know what, too F'ing bad for the people behind us who didn't hit the trail early enough.

We waited at Holy Cross City for the rest of the groups to come up, then we headed back down. Again, we had a rough time at the creek coming down as well. Actually, I think overall we had a worse time coming down then we had going up. There was a group of buggies behind us who did nothing but try to rush us through and talk shit about how ridiculous this was. :rattle:

I take that back, there were only a couple in that group being jerks. Two guys were actually nice and said it's not a problem, we are all out here to just wheel and have fun.

Anyways, I think it's bull**** that you think you are going to hit that trail at 11am and just cruise through it with nothing stopping you. You only cried about waiting because you were too bullheaded to start early. That's not my problem. Pull up a chair, grab a beer, sit back, relax, and enjoy the fact that you are out wheeling, and not stuck in the office, shop, or where ever you may work!!! :flame:

I've hit the trail at 8am and got stuck behind 30-50 rigs. There is always one ahole that refuses to take a strap and eats up 30 minutes trying to power through and then ends up breaking on the obstacle and has no tools or repair parts. Then he bitches when you drag his crap off the rocks and threatens to sue you because you scratched up his POS rig.

We just had a real good rain/hail downpour w/lots of wind about 2 hrs ago.Subsequently I just got done removing about 25+ gallons of water out of the foyer of my house but the carpet in there is probably shot.Maintenance guy is coming at 8:00 in the morning. :flamemad:

Whoa! That sucks...

Where's the water getting in?

It came in under the door.All of the rain, hail, and wind overwhelmed the gutters and the ground and it came flowing in.It was so bad it looked like a hurricane for part of the storm.We went from dry ground to about 4" of standing water and hail in a matter of minutes.

we got it too. not flooding the house, but i can see how it did.
our whole driveway was 3 or 4 inches standing water.
all in a matter of 5 to 10 min....

jeff- give me a shout if we need to get those gutters unclogged.

How about asshats that don't know how to tow a trailer!!!!!! I had my trailer pushed over into the guard rail coming down from Crystal Mountain/Moody Hill yesterday because of a pair of guys taking over my lane. Its a very tight 2-lane road and coming around a turn a guy pulling a 5th wheel camper was so far into my lane that he almost toom me out. I edged over as far as I could to avoid him and luckily nothing made contact. Then right behind him some XXXX-tard in a Landcruiser pulling an ATV trailer came even farther into my lane. I tried swerving but I was already so far over that all I accomplished was to drag my trailer into the guard rail. No damage, just annoying. The guy with the 5th wheel I can quasi-understand because if you're not overly experienced wth the way those things follow behind you they can really surpirse you in turns, but the XXXXing ass clown in the Toyota was really stupid. There is no reason for your midsize SUV pulling a XXXXing single axle ATV trailer to have to come over into my lane at all, let along take up a good 1/4 of it. Moral of te story, I just wish people paid attention to what the XXXX they were doing, especially when towing trailers up super tight mountain roads. I almost wish they would make you have to get a trailer endorsement on your license just like you have to get different endorsements on your CDL based upon the size of the vehicle or the number/type of trailers you're hauling. This isn't the first time I've ran into issues on busy mountain roads because people either aren't paying attention to how the trailer follows behind them or because they're trying to tow a 5th wheel camper behind there 1/2ton truck and don't have the courtesy to move the hell out of the way when you know you're holding up lines of trafffic.

Ok.... end rant. XXXXing assholes are just lucky I didn't lose a tire because I probably would've dropped the trailer right there in the middle of the road and driven the Jeep overtop of those quads, over the toyota, and then through the XXXXing 5th wheel camper.

How about asshats that don't know how to tow a trailer!!!!!! I had my trailer pushed over into the guard rail coming down from Crystal Mountain/Moody Hill yesterday because of a pair of guys taking over my lane. Its a very tight 2-lane road and coming around a turn a guy pulling a 5th wheel camper was so far into my lane that he almost toom me out. I edged over as far as I could to avoid him and luckily nothing made contact. Then right behind him some XXXX-tard in a Landcruiser pulling an ATV trailer came even farther into my lane. I tried swerving but I was already so far over that all I accomplished was to drag my trailer into the guard rail. No damage, just annoying. The guy with the 5th wheel I can quasi-understand because if you're not overly experienced wth the way those things follow behind you they can really surpirse you in turns, but the XXXXing ass clown in the Toyota was really stupid. There is no reason for your midsize SUV pulling a XXXXing single axle ATV trailer to have to come over into my lane at all, let along take up a good 1/4 of it. Moral of te story, I just wish people paid attention to what the XXXX they were doing, especially when towing trailers up super tight mountain roads. I almost wish they would make you have to get a trailer endorsement on your license just like you have to get different endorsements on your CDL based upon the size of the vehicle or the number/type of trailers you're hauling. This isn't the first time I've ran into issues on busy mountain roads because people either aren't paying attention to how the trailer follows behind them or because they're trying to tow a 5th wheel camper behind there 1/2ton truck and don't have the courtesy to move the hell out of the way when you know you're holding up lines of trafffic.

Ok.... end rant. XXXXing assholes are just lucky I didn't lose a tire because I probably would've dropped the trailer right there in the middle of the road and driven the Jeep overtop of those quads, over the toyota, and then through the XXXXing 5th wheel camper.
AAAAAAAAAAAAmen!!!

Back