• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe asp Lots-O-Craigslist Thread

How do you break a Dana 80 (beside driving sideways into a curb)?

Didn't Sam have a plow truck with a grenaded 80 in it in the shop last winter? Could have sworn he did. I guess my answer would be 'plowing' based on that.

I remember he had a plow truck that when it was placed on a 4 post lift, the center section of the frame lifted up, where as the rear stayed on the ground.

Didn't Sam have a plow truck with a grenaded 80 in it in the shop last winter? Could have sworn he did. I guess my answer would be 'plowing' based on that.

I remember he had a plow truck that when it was placed on a 4 post lift, the center section of the frame lifted up, where as the rear stayed on the ground.

both of those happened. the 80 was a limited slip and everything inside the carrier was broken

I'm glad it's above my price limit

wow that looks like a good deal... 99 was a good year IIRC. looks like there might have been some rust repair, but as long as it wasn't hacked who cares. rob should look at that maybe...

If I didnt hate Fords, I would probably buy that. Maybe I should just buy it? But I hate Fords!!! Ugh.

Sweet tranny though, should be the ZF6 like your truck Travis. First year of the newer body style and solid front axle, no more TTB crap. Could be a D50 or D60 front, 99 was a toss up year for front axles, espically in the 250's. Theres like 4 or 5 different setups and unit bearings it could have. Hell, some of the gasser 250's had 7 lug hubs and 3 or 4 mounting bolt setups. I learned that the hard way rebuilding a front end in one for a friend a few years ago.

I'm thinking I might call my insurance agent tomorrow and compare what my rates will be when I have to renew since I know they are going up... if the Mustang is outrageously expensive (e.g. 2x or more what I pay now) to insure next year I might be calling that guy myself. :rolleyes:

I mean, I REALLY don't want to sell the Mustang but if it makes sense financially and I'd save thousands of dollars over the next few years I might have to do it. The only thing about that truck that I don't like is that I wanted either A) a long bed or B) a crew cab (or whatever the full size cab is called) but I guess I can't argue with the price.

wonder if he'd duplicate that, i'd consider trading my JCR for that

Back