• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe asp Lots-O-Craigslist Thread

'no spark, no CPS, no service'

damn a longbed! wish I had found that instead of the shortbed 88 I got recently.

Damn, wish I was in the market. That looks like EXACTLY what I wanted to get (cheap MJ with minimal rust, don't care about engine/trans since it would get an HO and AX-15 swap either way). Hopefully can find something similar to that next summer.

longbed comanches are only good for carrying shit places.

they look gayer and make you hate life offroad

Well yes, but my plan for the one I got is V8, 5speed, maybe dually rear and upgraded leafs for a proper 1 ton MJ setup depending on what V8 donor I found. Thus why I think a longbed would be better for it - better towing characteristics, especially with bigger brakes and the V8. And not wheeling it, so the LWB doesn't really cause an issue there.

I've been keeping my eye out for a V8 donor but haven't found one yet.

If someone feels like buying that, or some other LWB MJ (bucket seats and a slider window are all I really care about for options) in equivalent shape to my 88 body condition wise, I'll trade straight across for my SWB. Better for wheeling :rtm:

Well yes, but my plan for the one I got is V8, 5speed, maybe dually rear and upgraded leafs for a proper 1 ton MJ setup depending on what V8 donor I found. Thus why I think a longbed would be better for it - better towing characteristics, especially with bigger brakes and the V8. And not wheeling it, so the LWB doesn't really cause an issue there.

I wanna do a LWB dually MJ 4bt/NV4500 with like a 16' gooseneck as a tow rig.

I wanna do a LWB dually MJ 4bt/NV4500 with like a 16' gooseneck as a tow rig.
exactly what I'd love to do, but a 4bt is just too tall for me since I want to keep it to stock height or max of 2" for oil pan clearance. Thus why I'm looking for a 360.

exactly what I'd love to do, but a 4bt is just too tall for me since I want to keep it to stock height or max of 2" for oil pan clearance. Thus why I'm looking for a 360.

Since it would be a hauler only, I'd swap a DRW drop beam front axle outta the truck I use to get the DRW rear axle. The dropped center section of the beam should allow for enough oil pan clearance to keep the truck stockish hieght with a stock hood.

I would do that but if I'm going to work on something that much, it is going to be 4wd. I got through last winter in the dirty POS with gratuitous amounts of skinny pedal but I don't want to waste that much time swapping in something other than a drive axle.

Oh, I'm collecting parts for a 97+ swap onto the same vehicle, too. So if things go my way it'll basically be a 1999 5.9L 5-speed 4x4 dually 1 ton Comanche when I'm done with it.

did you know you can get trucks just like that, already built, but they have larger, comfier interiors, and don't look goofy as XXXX?

Back