• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Test Conector on a Renix?

for the person who is having problems with applying voltage to the conenctor to crank. I will bet 5$ that the problem is the starter relay. not the solenoid, the relay. in front of where the test connectors are there is the coil, continuing frontwards from there, there is a relay that is not a DIN relay, it is silver in color and about 1" by 1.5" and there is a bolt in the center where all of the fusible links connect to. there is also a 10 gauge wire to the positive battery terminal. the orange wire about 14-16 gauge is used to power the fuel pump only during cranking, the green wire goes to the soleniod to trigger it. and then there is one more wire i forget the color but it is from the ignition switch.

try this, remove the green wire from the starter relay, and then attempt to crank the engine, the engine will not crank but in a normal situation you will here the fuel pump run only when the key is in the start postion. If you don't get the fuel pump running, i would apply 12v to the orange wire, see if fuel pump runs then. if not, wiring problem. if so then bad relay.

Just my .02

Jerms

Back