• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tellico Pics

Lee 94XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Tellico Pics 1
Tellico Pics 2
Tellico Pics 3
Had a great time this weekend! On Friday night a group of us ran up trail 6 to 4 and out 5. It was a beautiful clear night and a nice liesurely ride w/o incident.

Saturday morning there was a brief rain shower before we headed out. It cleared up and became a beautiful warm spring day. We went up trail 4 and cut over to trail 11 and up to Guardrail. We lost a drive shaft and rear side window (Andy just can't get enough fresh air in his rig!). We then went up to Helicopter pad where I broke my tie rod in two. Thanks to Kevin and Andy for helping me get Mark's spire (spare) rod on. We then went down School Bus where the lead XJ almost did an endo.

Saturday night a monsoon came through just as our hotdogs were coming off the grill. We all huddled under the pavilion 'til it was over and prayed that our tents were all still standing (which they were).

All in all a fun and challenging weekend.

Nice pics,
I got caught in the rain on the way home after all
and did it rain. I Ran over part of a tree in the road going down the Nantahala Gorge
and about lost it in the river but luckily no one was comming in the opposite lane.
Bent the fender on my trailer but no other damage.

Hope everyone made it home safe.
I had a great time and am glad that I came instead of working.
Thanks for the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Mark WNC said:
Nice pics,
I got caught in the rain on the way home after all
and did it rain. I Ran over part of a tree in the road going down the Nantahala Gorge
and about lost it in the river but luckily no one was comming in the opposite lane.
Bent the fender on my trailer but no other damage.

Hope everyone made it home safe.
I had a great time and am glad that I came instead of working.
Thanks for the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Wow, I'm glad you're ok man. After the monsoon passed it rain lightly off and on 'til we all went to our tents (Andy to his nice warm pop-up :greensmok ). Later that night a cold front came through and the wind was so bad I thought it was going to pick up my tent with me in it!

yea it blew my he-man tent around too. LOL

Great pics

Had a great time...

looks like it was fun. can't wait to finally get mine put back together. dave

33's and front rear locked? D35 rear? No I think I'll ride up to the base if I can get that far! And watch. So I take it that boulder is a lot bigger than it looks and going to the right or middle is not a option?

b4 or after I spit the rear out the back? LOL!

Well those bigg rocks before you get to Guardrail may not be there in July...talk is to many whinners about it is too difficlut or something to get there so they plan to blast the rocks...

That figures! "Deballing" a good trial! To quote our fearless leader!

Alright Tell it!

Ghost said:
That figures! "Deballing" a good trial! To quote our fearless leader!

I am all for deballing trail 11 since It was just too skeerey :eek: last time I ran it.

I peeked at the pix earlier so Tell It: who drove (up-not around) the staircase and helicopter pad? What was all that strapping & winching???

Who had FUN going down Schoolbus? I've only done that once (last summer, leading, no spotter, no clue what was 'round the bend) and it was a total rush... Nose Wheelies!!! Almost as fun as parachuting.

11 & 12 need a "It's been nice knowing you" :wave1: sign at the entrances. Other than that, I'd leave em be.

Hate that I missed it, sounds like y'all had fun!

Me and mark were the only ones that went up Gaurdrail. I broke a strap on the front driveshaft 3/4 of the way up and had to winch the rest of the way. Most of the people in the group had to winch over the big rock before Gaurdrail...that is what all of the straps are for.

Getting to Helicopter Pad and then down Schoolbus was alot of fun in 2wd. :sure:

Dang Lee,
you take some nice shots! Mine don't ever seem to come out that good. Like, you could be sitting in the middle of the steps on Guardrail and the pic that I take will make it look like you're in the WalMart parking lot.
Anyway, had a blast. Ya'll are a killer group to hang with. I look forward to seein ya'll again, after I fix my junk. I thought it was leaning way to passenger side because Bryan was in it. Only prob is, it's still leaning in Tennessee and he's in Georgia. I got less than 2 weekz!!

Dale

just let big'un drive and it will be level.

roXJeepr said:
Dang Lee,
you take some nice shots! Mine don't ever seem to come out that good. Like, you could be sitting in the middle of the steps on Guardrail and the pic that I take will make it look like you're in the WalMart parking lot.
Anyway, had a blast. Ya'll are a killer group to hang with. I look forward to seein ya'll again, after I fix my junk. I thought it was leaning way to passenger side because Bryan was in it. Only prob is, it's still leaning in Tennessee and he's in Georgia. I got less than 2 weekz!!

Dale

Thanks Dale. The camera I've got does take good pics. I pretty much only have to point and click. The only problem is it takes forever between shots. I can't wait to go back in 2 weeks! I hope to see ya there.

nice pics Lee..

thanks to 2offrd sharing the precious petrol w/ me on Sat. afternoon..

i never would've dream of doing "guard rail & school bus" w/ my rig,but i'm glad you guys talked me into it,,
i surely have alot of confidence & trust in yalls judgement now, thanks to all.

Sundays little excursion up lower 2 was awesome..

ya know it never did warm up ANY sunday (maybe short pants weren't such a good idea..

on lower 2 i narily escaped the ranks of being window-less like Andy,

we had a great time,
even though we took a wrong turn & ended up half way to knoxville, what was that place we ended up "Horse Trail #80"??

Lane

Back