• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taking carpet out

I didn't take the seat belts off in the rear. I attempted to, but didn't have the torx I needed so I decided not to try my luck. I just took some tin snips and cut a slit in the floor on each side so the rear carpet would slide right out. I'm trying to decide now if I should put the back seat in or not. If it was a 2 door I wouldn't leave it in.

Ok well I'm still stuck on the center console. It is moving loose but it still feels connected. I took off both shifter plates and removed all the visible bolts that bolt down the center console, then took off the console lid and removed the two bolts in the front of the compartment box. The black compartment box doesn't wanna move still. I don't think forcing it will do any good. Are there any other bolts I should look for, other than the two under the tranny shifter, the one under the tcase shifter, two for the compartment lid and the other two for the compartment?

Ok well I'm still stuck on the center console. It is moving loose but it still feels connected. I took off both shifter plates and removed all the visible bolts that bolt down the center console, then took off the console lid and removed the two bolts in the front of the compartment box. The black compartment box doesn't wanna move still. I don't think forcing it will do any good. Are there any other bolts I should look for, other than the two under the tranny shifter, the one under the tcase shifter, two for the compartment lid and the other two for the compartment?

There are screws below the box, the black box comes out.

Back