• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE + Driveshaft...under $100.00 (not 56k friendly)

how about just the yoke? that would be nice.

What do you mean? RE does have a hack and tap SYE kit...

Not a "Yoke style" SYE, RE offers a "Flange style"SYE.

A yoke style SYE would eliminate the extra expense of having to purchase the spicer flange, It would Give us the ability to directly transplant an XJ front shaft to the rear with no modifications.

Dude take the time to read a bit before posting. It's already been said like four times that the Corvette yoke will NOT work. The ad clearly states it's for a 1350 u-joint, we need a 1310.

FAIL!!! -- YOU NEED TO READ. It doesn't say 1350 anywhere It does say 1310 and 5-153x quite clearly WTF are you reading?

Wrong! That yoke you show is a U-Bolt style yoke. That yoke is not intended to be bolted to a CV style shaft, and consequently the holes in the yoke have a different spacing and will not match up to the holes in the CV on a Cherokee front shaft.

FAIL!!! -- They line up just fine SEE MINE BELOW!

THE 1963-1964 CORVETTE 3-4 SPEED MUNCIE U-BOLT STYLE SLIP YOKE DOES FIT!!!!!
See picture of mine below

Corvette does use lots of different yokes, so those who say Corvette yokes don't fit are obviously getting THE WRONG ONES.

AGAIN SEE MY SYE BELOW - THE BOLTS LINE UP PERFECT -- IT IS 1310 U-Joint -- It is 26/27 SPLINE!

y03e4f.jpg

Last edited:

FAIL!!! -- YOU NEED TO READ. It doesn't say 1350 anywhere It does say 1310 and 5-153x quite clearly WTF are you reading?

Corvette does use lots of different yokes, so those who say Corvette yokes don't fit are obviously getting THE WRONG ONES.

AGAIN SEE MY SYE BELOW - THE BOLTS LINE UP PERFECT -- IT IS 1310 U-Joint -- It is 26/27 SPLINE!

y03e4f.jpg

That is great news mate. Mind if I add that info and picture to my SYE write up?

Secshunate you seem mad?....we all love you, good work

I stand corrected. :gee:

It's still kind of pricey to buy a new one like you have shown. But it at least gives a narrow window to shoot for on used parts.

Thanks!

Well when you are right you are right, my apologies. Not sure WTF I was reading (or WTF I was on at the moment) but somehow I ended up with this :confused1:confused1 ;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140250172574

Which clearly is the wrong Corvette yoke (1350) from the same vendor.

So nice work :cheers:, but for the price I'd rather go with the 3103-27CV from; http://www.drive-lines.com/index.php for a mere $78.42.

Of course if you could come up with an interchange that could actually be found in a pick and pull then you would certainly get lots of this; :worship::worship::worship:

:D

I like that that company is in Fresno CA...... it's like 2 hours from my house!

Unfortunately there is no part number stamped on mine. I was able to find it much cheaper than that vendor with a bit of waiting and searching.

I wasn't mad just a bit frustrated about all the conflicting info on this mod.

looks like it should work

Gojeep - this will be used on a 1997 XJ Sport just to clarify!!

This is about the most info I have obtained so far that it is a 1310 Strap Yoke for NP231 Transfer Case with SYE and fits 1987-2000 Wrangler Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. I am going to email Omix-Ada and see if they will release any technical info on this item.
Found it for sale through Tellico4x4 as well
http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/cPath/2880_1848_1850/products_id/23639

tellico's description says it pretty specifically: "Omix-Ada Yoke For Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit For NP231 Transfer Case, 1987-00 Jeep Wrangler, Cherokee, & Grand Cherokee"

Back