• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping in newer booster - what adapters???

Here's a pic I found on the web:

08.jpg

Hmmm. Well, anyone have any ideas on where I can get 1/4" aluminum? I have a grinder w/ cut-off wheel, so I guess I could cut it down to a square and then drill the four holes. Of course, plywood would be easier, but I don't want to redneck it too much. :laugh: The gasket would be an easy fix.

You will need to cut out about a 2" hole for the booster arm too. Easier to go to a yard and look for a 95-96 XJ and pull the booster to get the plate. I think the newer XJs have the spacer plate too, but am not positive.

I replaced mine on a 89 Limited. I did not have or use a spacer. I did redrill my brake pedal though. On one of previous post the flat spot on the end of the rod. Well I didn't get mine correct and ended up having to add some JB Weld to the end of it to get the brake light to work correctly. You will be thrilled when you "get er done".

comanche91 said:
You will need to cut out about a 2" hole for the booster arm too. Easier to go to a yard and look for a 95-96 XJ and pull the booster to get the plate. I think the newer XJs have the spacer plate too, but am not positive.

Well, of the 3 yards here, only 1 has any XJ's and I robbed those yesterday for my parts - '90 & a '98. If anyone knows for sure if the '98 would have the spacer, I'll go back for that.

Back