• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake 2014

Great time, as always. No bugs this year. Only mechanical problem seems to be a tire, at least on the trail. I lost the trans in my truck on the drive home, had to get towed home.

We learned that drinking and kayaking don't go well together. Someone had a really rough evening. :)

Great trip, thanks to everyone for the excellent company.

Big thanks to Richard ( The Eaglescoutman) for use of his snorkel gear. Never would have found my glasses without it.

You gave new meaning to the phrase "dazed and amazed"!

Wet, cold, in shock, one flip flop, no glasses, deer in headlights look, drunk, stationary.......we didn't know whether to laugh or cry. We laughed.

Great trip! Beautiful secluded lake! Great people!

Big thanks to Goatman and jrowell for organizing, to jrowell for leading our small contingent in on Thursday, and to unhitched for help with changing a tire on a very sketchy bit terrain. Also, thanks to fatcity for taking so many great pictures!

I don't have many pictures of my own, but I'll check later and see if I have any worthy of posting.

Nope, this one.
DSC_0136.jpg

The tree is pretty rotten, it will probably take care of itself. No trouble getting over it.

Back