• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension lift

Thank you! amazing! My setup will be as follows:
1- coils = synergy coils with 4.5" lift
2- jks coil adjusters
3- shock absorbers = OME JK long travel kit with pin eliminators for more travel
4- TNT long arm kit
5- steering kit = Synergy Heavy duty kit
6- Synergy Adjustable trackbar

thoughts?

TNT is one of the better kits, and they do make one for your trans!

http://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_parts/jeep_cherokee_xj_long_arm_upgrade

YlinkUpgrade.jpg

Hello, thank you! Been reading about radius arms and saw several people complaining about radius arms and unloading! Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! amazing! My setup will be as follows:
1- coils = synergy coils with 4.5" lift
2- jks coil adjusters
3- shock absorbers = OME JK long travel kit with pin eliminators for more travel
4- TNT long arm kit
5- steering kit = Synergy Heavy duty kit
6- Synergy Adjustable trackbar

thoughts?

Nice list but be sure to pencil in $$ for a SYE and brake lines.

Nice list but be sure to pencil in $$ for a SYE and brake lines.

I already have atlas 4 tc with advance adapters sye and the synergy brake lines are on the way! But now I was reading about radius arms unloading issue and got quite concerned!

radius arm unloading is not as big of a problem as most believe it is on the internet.

if you cannot weld you are limited to bolt on options, most of those will be radius arm, which is not the best, but in a full bodied XJ it is doubtful you will ever see any of the drawbacks.

if welding becomes an option, the synergy longarm is one of the best. I prefer it setup as a 3 link, but the 4 link is a pretty good option.

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-XJ-Front-Long-Arm-Upgrade-Kit-p-30951.html

radius arm unloading is not as big of a problem as most believe it is on the internet.

if you cannot weld you are limited to bolt on options, most of those will be radius arm, which is not the best, but in a full bodied XJ it is doubtful you will ever see any of the drawbacks.

if welding becomes an option, the synergy longarm is one of the best. I prefer it setup as a 3 link, but the 4 link is a pretty good option.

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-XJ-Front-Long-Arm-Upgrade-Kit-p-30951.html

Thank you for the details!
Why do you prefer the 3link setup?

Thank you for the details!
Why do you prefer the 3link setup?

with a 4 link + trackbar system there will always be bind in the suspension.

with a 3 link +trackbar that bind is eliminated.

looks like welding is only required in the 3 link configuration for that kit, to mount a new upper control arm mount.

although for piece of mind I would weld the brackets to the unibody, but it is not required.

In my opinion it is one of the best longarm kits out there for the XJ

I chose to set it up as a 3 link with custom 7075 aluminum arms from SFR.

with a 4 link + trackbar system there will always be bind in the suspension.

with a 3 link +trackbar that bind is eliminated.

looks like welding is only required in the 3 link configuration for that kit, to mount a new upper control arm mount.

although for piece of mind I would weld the brackets to the unibody, but it is not required.

In my opinion it is one of the best longarm kits out there for the XJ

Thank you so much! Appreciate your explanation. Will recheck the synergy kit once again.

How are the street manners?

street driving is excellent. roughly 7" of lift and 35"s it handles any kind of driving just fine. around town it is feels very normal and predictable. I have had it above 80mph on the highway with no issues.

I have no complaints about the kit.

be aware that if you have frame stiffeners these brackets will be difficult to install. I was able to fit them over mine, but it was a bit tricky.

street driving is excellent. roughly 7" of lift and 35"s it handles any kind of driving just fine. around town it is feels very normal and predictable. I have had it above 80mph on the highway with no issues.

I have no complaints about the kit.

be aware that if you have frame stiffeners these brackets will be difficult to install. I was able to fit them over mine, but it was a bit tricky.

Thank you for your support. Will get back once I am all set to proceed

What are ur recommendations for coils? I wanted to go with synergy coils

I have no experience with synergy coils. I have no reason to believe they would be bad, most things they make are quality.

I have been running Currie 4.5" TJ coils for the better part of 5 years and I really like them.

they are lower rate than some, but give me the travel I want. which allows me to better tune the suspension with the shocks.

I made some changes to the rear so I added the ACOS from JKS to level out the front, but I have them cranked all the way down, so they are just a shiny spacer with a good bumpstop mount.

I have no experience with synergy coils. I have no reason to believe they would be bad, most things they make are quality.

I have been running Currie 4.5" TJ coils for the better part of 5 years and I really like them.

they are lower rate than some, but give me the travel I want. which allows me to better tune the suspension with the shocks.

I made some changes to the rear so I added the ACOS from JKS to level out the front, but I have them cranked all the way down, so they are just a shiny spacer with a good bumpstop mount.

It's the same of what I am willing to do, acos and jks adjustable bump stops.

Any steering kit recommendations?

I chose to set it up as a 3 link with custom 7075 aluminum arms from SFR.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but..

Damm. This is exactly what I want to do. I have a few questions if you would be so kind..

So I'm understanding this correctly, you just used the synergy 4 link brackets and only utilized the passenger side upper mount, welded on a new axle-side UCA mount and threw on on some 7075 arms?

Do you think a 4.5" lift would work(nothing contacting each other) with this setup? I see that you are around 7".

Are the lca bracket mounts pointed straight at the axle end lca mounts? I am wanting to run a self centering joint on at least one end(metalcloak-synergy dual durometer...etc)

Last edited:
Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but..

Damm. This is exactly what I want to do. I have a few questions if you would be so kind..no problem.

So I'm understanding this correctly, you just used the synergy 4 link brackets and only utilized the passenger side upper mount, welded on a new axle-side UCA mount and threw on on some 7075 arms? Correct. I also already had an ARTEC truss, so I added the UCA mount on top of that, but I have helped others set this same kit up and its the same drill.

Do you think a 4.5" lift would work(nothing contacting each other) with this setup? I see that you are around 7".
I think it would work, you would have to bumpstop properly, but I see no reason why these brackets couldn't be used at lower lift heights. you may want to use a smaller diameter material for the upper link maybe a 1" shank joint and some 1.25"x.120 chromolly for clearance.

Are the lca bracket mounts pointed straight at the axle end lca mounts? I am wanting to run a self centering joint on at least one end(metalcloak-synergy dual durometer...etc)they are not pointed perfectly straight at the LCA bracket. Synergy designed them for their arms which are bent for tire clearance. with straight arms the JJ has a little bit of the misalignment used. maybe 5*. honestly the currie Johnny Joint is a way better joint than any of those "self centering" joints.

answers in red.

Back