• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Supposed issues aligning Iron Rock steering?

Toe is dependent on tire size so that method really wont work!

wh00PS! gotta admit, i didnt think of that.

My method:
Take 2 1"x1" boards or hockey sticks... either way they need to be about a foot longer than the diameter of the tire- and some wire or zip ties and attach them to the outside edge of the wheel parallel to the ground with the center of the board/stick at the same height as the center of the wheel. Bam- instant measuring point. This way you can hang the edge of the tape measure over the board/stick on one side and read the measurement on the other.

bad idea, unless them 1x1 is HDPE or a hardwood, 1x1 fir peices of crap from home depot would get you laughed at... that alignment aint worth jack.....

No issues with tie rod contact whatsoever, the steering being off center is because my steering box really is that bad. He fixed it 4 times and it kept popping off to one side or the other. The loud creaking probably has to do with the time spent in the mud/sand followed by a good pressure washing. Sprayed some white lithium grease and creaking seems to have stopped.

i have the IRO steering and the trackbar. the only thing that was hitting at first was the drag link hitting the tie rod, mainly b/c it wasn't tight enough to keep it from rotating. I do dislike how you have to adjust the tie rod, b/c you basically have to take off the tie rod ends (heim joints) rotate, then put back on. But it was that way for clearance issues obviously.

I've had it on for about 1500 miles and I'm happy. I spray the heim joints with brake cleaner here and there to keep them clean. I hear chain wax from motorcycles works well as a protectant as well.

Iron Rock recommends something along the lines of a silicone or graphite lubricant. Some sort of dry lube.

I have their steering and track bar and am happy with it so far. I just need to get a new steering box to make it fully good.

Back