• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suggestions needed

90xjsumner

NAXJA Forum User
so I took the headliner out of the jeep to replace it. I have a new one but trying to avoid having to re install it and cut the sun roof back out. MY question is I'm thinking about using a spray liner on the roof instead of the head liner..... anyone do this before or do you guys know the pros and cons??

The headliner has a significant impact on sound insulation. The spray on stuff will not.

Michael

That spray on stuff will add weight up top...I would just paint it with some POR-15 or something like that and forget about it. oh oh oh, shag carpet :guitar:

It will make it like an oven. You could use some dynaliner and stick it on the roof for sound / thermal insulation.

Jump... all the cool kids are doing it. Oh my bad, not the advice you were looking for.

I went awhile without the headliner, I stickered it up, and i actually kind of liked it, with the roof being painted black it made for very hot summers, and if it was cool outside it would build alot of condensation.

When the Junkyard had the $2 day, My buddy got me a headliner out of a 01' with a built in soundbar, and I much prefer having it now that its in!

Back